Another one on craigslist..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Wow :( I'm so close to both of them. I wish I could take them. If it was up to me, I would take every beardie out there, but my finances wouldn't allow it. Some day, I will win the lottery and open a beardie sanctuary LOL.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
evanescent":3i3liwj4 said:
Okay, she replied!
Hi, Actually, and I know this sounds bad, I do not know the gender. I refer to him as a male but probably is more likely a female since it is a little smaller. Yes he does have uvb lighting and a heat lamp as well as a heating pad underneath the tank. I don't have any more pictures at the moment but I can forward you a video, let me know what you think... I have tried this before and have discovered that there are a lot of flippers out there which is why now I am selling with the whole set-up only to weed out people who are trying to flip. I would also like to be able to drop him off and make sure that he is actually going to be kept in the home that I give him to. Let me know what you think and thank you for your response, Jennifer
Here's a link to the video

I unno. the video's really dark..
and females are the larger ones usually, right?
but lolflippers..

Caleb looks a lottt better in the video than in the photo. I'm not sure why it's that dark in his cage though o__O ... but the owner seems to care about him. At least enough to want to find him a decent home.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
evanescent":2i67z3v0 said:
but lolflippers..

I have had first hand experience with flippers, who sound like they're going to give an animal a good home, but then turn around and sell them within the hour of getting them for around 5 times what they paid. There are people out there, especially on craigslist, who have no respect for people or animal.

evanescent

Juvie Member
SamusTheDragon":2f19cp0m said:
The one from frederick doesn't look so good =/ and he doesn't have a basking light, he has a heat rock :( and his tanks tiny tiny. Poor dude.
ten inches long and over 3 years old..?
omg. I wish I lived closer. o_O
or could drive. omg. T_T

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
evanescent":2jq078ki said:
SamusTheDragon":2jq078ki said:
The one from frederick doesn't look so good =/ and he doesn't have a basking light, he has a heat rock :( and his tanks tiny tiny. Poor dude.
ten inches long and over 3 years old..?
omg. I wish I lived closer. o_O
or could drive. omg. T_T
You know I hate to say this but.... most of this poor care seems to be brought on by the fact petstores sell beardies/other reptiles and amphibians. I'm not excusing people for the way they treat their pets but here's my thoughts. If major chains like petco and petsmart did not sell the live beardies many many people would not have them. The people who really want them would have to go to breeders or small businesses. Most people who don't care for the animal are willing to spend 100+ on just the dragon anyways (which is what a lot of dragons are going for nowadays). Even the cheaper dragons will cost you a bit if youre having it shipped. I think petco/petsmart get quite a few impulse buyers, and people who only follow directions from the petstore (meals worms, small tank, sand, soil uvb etc. etc.). And there's the bad advice. I honestly think if petsmart and petco didn't sell live animals lots of these mistreated beardies wouldn't be around... but I'm probably just tired and irrational and ranting. :(

evanescent

Juvie Member
SamusTheDragon":23b4qw40 said:
but I'm probably just tired and irrational and ranting. :(
nonono, you're right. i've thought that since forever and many other people have too lol.

I think they should have to get a separate licsence for reptiles and all staff should be briefed on proper animal care. also they should update their freaking outdated pamphlets. one of these days i'll vandalize a petshop, I swear. get some of those stick-on pamphlet holders and make GOOD ones to put in there. and print sticky-labels that say NOT SUITABLE FOR USE WITH BEARDED DRAGONS on every single freaking bag of sand..q

along with various other animals. they don't take good care of their small mammals, either.

I've wanted to do that for ages and the thoughts keep coming up. and every time they get more and more tempting......

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
evanescent":150y7gg9 said:
SamusTheDragon":150y7gg9 said:
but I'm probably just tired and irrational and ranting. :(
nonono, you're right. i've thought that since forever and many other people have too lol.

I think they should have to get a separate licsence for reptiles and all staff should be briefed on proper animal care. also they should update their freaking outdated pamphlets. one of these days i'll vandalize a petshop, I swear. get some of those stick-on pamphlet holders and make GOOD ones to put in there. and print sticky-labels that say NOT SUITABLE FOR USE WITH BEARDED DRAGONS on every single freaking bag of sand..q

along with various other animals. they don't take good care of their small mammals, either.

I've wanted to do that for ages and the thoughts keep coming up. and every time they get more and more tempting......
That's actually a really good idea! Hmmmm *plots and thinks*

evanescent

Juvie Member
SamusTheDragon":2a5721a4 said:
I think i'll do it in another city or if I have to move.
Don't wanna get kicked out of stores I actually shop at rofl..
it's like when we put hXc Yaoi stickers on homophobe's cars.
NOT suitable for places you actually have to stay in for a long time! O_O
. . .
might as well make the supplies now, though, rofl.
you never know when you'll haffta use em, and having a template is nice. ;p

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
evanescent":1w06w6kj said:
SamusTheDragon":1w06w6kj said:
I think i'll do it in another city or if I have to move.
Don't wanna get kicked out of stores I actually shop at rofl..
it's like when we put hXc Yaoi stickers on homophobe's cars.
NOT suitable for places you actually have to stay in for a long time! O_O
. . .
might as well make the supplies now, though, rofl.
you never know when you'll haffta use em, and having a template is nice. ;p
lol true. but maybe when i go on vacation... just maybe :wink:

evanescent

Juvie Member
SamusTheDragon":24wtjpds said:
lol true. but maybe when i go on vacation... just maybe :wink:
Oh wow hadn't thought of that. o_O
I am going on vacation fairly soon. . . *starts looking up potential 'victims'. . . xD

evanescent

Juvie Member
SoleSky":15mxbyt7 said:
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/for/2500650999.html

Check this one out. according to the owner (No live food needed???) This infuriated me. :angry5:

. . . . . it's so skinny... it's poofing its ribs out just to absorb light. . . .
look at its tail...

This one deserves its own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom