Another feeding question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm considering getting a large critter tote (one of those clear plastic containers made for transporting pets) for feeding time for Drogon.

He's pretty small (6in) and lives in a 40 gallon tank and even though there aren't many places for the crickets to hide, when I drop them in there he just kinda eyeballs them, maybe goes after one and then continues to bask. When I go to remove the crickets, I will sometimes put them through his trail of vision and he will eat them off the tweezers which I found strange. To me, that means he's still hungry... So he's either lazy, or too stressed out about the size of the viv to go hunting for the rest of the crickets. I have the reptile carpet and some parts of it aren't completely flat on the ground (i've got little rocks to anchor it down) and his basking branch is a hollow piece that they have a habit of crawling and hiding in.

Is it a bad idea to put him in a tote for feeding him crickets, where he will have easy access to them and no where to hide from the hungry beardie? Just seems like something to make my and his life a little bit easier...

Sheena

Nah if he has a huge tank I'd actually recommend feeding him in a separate smaller container.

Hopefully it will help him out :)

DrogontheDragon

Original Poster
appreciate it, he's actually been doing pretty good in the 40 gallon but I still might get one of those small containers to feed him in. I've had to bring him to the vet several times because he had parasites but he is gaining weight and getting a little belly 2 so I'm not too worried about it

Sheena

Yeah defs feed him in a new container, then he will not associate your hand with food!

Hope those pesky bugs go away soon :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom