Another Craigslist Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was stupid and looked at Craigslist last night :( I found a dragon that really stood out to me and needing help. I am a little apprehensive about posting the picture of the dragon just in case the owner comes on here. The dragon was purchased from a well known European breeder and the poor thing looks so skinny and has no muscle tone. I tried to get the owner to let me take him for 50 bucks, but he wants way more than that because he spent money on the import. He told me the breeder refunded him the purchase of the dragon due to its deformities, but I read on the website they rarely will do that unless you send the dragon back. He is such a beautiful dragon and I am so sad to see it in that condition. Do you just let these things go?? I can't believe someone would import a dragon and not take care of it :(

BitterSweetLove4

Original Poster
I know :'( The poor thing is a year old and looks to have no muscle mass. My 14 month old is triple that size and has been since he was like 9 months. I cannot believe that someone would spend the time and money importing a dragon from this great breeder to not care for it. I bet that with proper nutrition and a parasite check, he would be massive.

I saw an ad in the Sacramento Craigslist for a beardie that the rescued. He said that he nursed the little guy back to health and needs to find him a new home. I can't take him, but I suggested listing him on this site. I never got an email back from him. :( Not sure what the outcome was for the little guy.

So sad. :( I've seen a few posts on CL in our area that look similar. I just got my first beardie and I want to have him for a while before I think of taking on another, but there are definitely those that tug on your heart strings.

BitterSweetLove4

Original Poster
This one really tugs, but I am not about to fork over 200 bucks when I know I will have him test positive for a parasite and pay for treatments. I just wish people hearts and would want the best for the pets they know they cannot provide for.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
anc90":pz0wuu8r said:
brittani299":pz0wuu8r said:
Read this craigslist post I found. I wish I had another tank :(

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/for/3204051217.html

Guy has no idea how to take care of his pet

That is really sad,"Light not needed if you don't want it" "heating pad provides enough heat",Im new to beardies and I know better than that.. I really hope someone picks up this guy.

Yes my friend is looking to get a lizard so I hope that he can get this poor little lizard

ReptileAddiction":2bxqouf3 said:
The sacremento one looks healthy to me

Yeah, the post says that he rescued it and brought it back to health. I'm guessing it was sick before but is healthy enough now to go to a new home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom