Another Brumation Question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimleo

Juvie Member
This is my first ever experience with having a beardie go into brumation, so I might have a question or two..

So, my Squeak had no problems with jumping right into brumation. She went to the bathroom the day before and didn't eat at all before she started sleeping. Herc's another story..I can't recall having seen Herc go to the bathroom before he started sleeping. He went to sleep one night and decided to stay in bed for the next 4 days. After the 4 days I decided to take him out and give him a nice warm bath to give him some fluids and maybe see if I could get a BM out of him. :? So right after the bath he seems like he's right back to his normal self and goes to the basking spot, runs around normally, etc. So I said, "okay.." and let him be for the day. The next morning he gets up and basks and such so I figure he just wanted to sleep for a few days, lol. I gave him a biig juicy cricket entree and he was happy. I did this for the next two days, normal feeding schedule, etc. Now he STILL hasn't had a BM lately and just this morning he decided he wanted to sleep some more. So now he's been sleeping all day. SO! Lights are off for him once again and we'll see what happens.

Should I have cause to worry? Am I doing anything wrong at all? Advice greatly appreciated, and sorry for the awkward story. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom