another beardie or another crestie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a bearded and crestie, I love them both to pieces. I want to get another lizard but can't decide wether I should get another crestie or get another bearded!?! I can afford another crestie and I can also afford another bearded. Space isn't an issue either. I enjoy both animals equally but can't decide witch I should get! Please help

Teage29

What about a different type of lizard. You could get a leopard gecko, or a blue tongue skink, or uromastyx, or some other lizard.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Get both! Case closed! :lol: JK

Have you thought about expanding outside the beardie/crestie world? I know quite a few beardie owners also own leopard geckos. True Fire Skinks, if you are willing to put the time into them, are great pets. I currently have a rescued one right now and had owned one in the past, but due to finances I had to rehome.

I love beardies, but have never owned a crest so my judgement would be two biased.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Blue tongues are such neat critters. I still don't have two of one species lol, so I'm in the boat of what about a different critter.
What do you like best about beardies or cresties? What about a rankins dragon?

BEARDIESandCOFFEE

Hatchling Member
Hahaha I was on the same boat a while back. I had a bunch of different critters including beardies and crestie, and ventured out to turtles and snakes. I had a pretty wide verity of enclosures to maintain so it was pretty fun. Personally, i believe beardies are the best hands down. :wink: LOL but I'm very curious to try next a blue tongue skink. I've been reading up on them and socialized with some at LLLREPTILE and they seem pretty legit. But I would say between just those two choices of Beardie or Crestie, BD all the way. :mrgreen: Cresties are fun an all, but personally i never really felt like i connected with em the same as a BD…. idk. thoughts?
Good Luck on your choice!

beardeddragongirl

Original Poster
The reason why I was choosing between a beardie and crestie is because of their ease of care and they don't mind handling. I did look into skinks though. But there are none in my area and my mom doesn't allow me to but animals online to be shipped to me

BrianB

I think blue tongues may be even easier than beardies. Blue tongue keepers seem to love them to death, and sing their praises in regards to personality and intelligence. If only I could convince the wife that they don't look too much like snakes . . .

Too bad about the shipping restriction. Shipping is really not a huge deal if you're buying from a good seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom