An afternoon in the life of Stella - LAZY. 1/26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MikeILC":1n29ucc9 said:
He is getting so big!!!!! :shock: Hes so cute!

Thank you! Yes, bigger and bigger by the day! He's also really becoming quite the ham - he actually ate a slice of strawberry from my 4-yr daughter's hand this morning! (she's not the calmest human, and I'm really surprised he trusted her to eat from her hand!)

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Dooter":bn0f5osj said:
Finally!!! His body is shedding! ...he's been rubbing all over his enclosure like he's been on fire all morning long... :banghead: Poor little traffic cone...

IMG_0718.jpg

When my Ziggy was going through his big growth spurt, he'd shed in big sheets about every other week & make a big ol' mess in his cage, the little stinker...

SAM_4577.jpg

(his favorite spot to rub & itch was in his food dish, go figure...)

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHahahaha! Ziggy looks like a spitting image of Stanley!

And that's pretty much what Stanley's enclosure looked like a few days ago - food and skin and furniture EVERYWHERE. It looked like the reptile dept of the pet store blew up in his cage. :shock:

There's a section of his basking branch that has like, a forked piece (you can see it in the last headshot pic of him) that he had figured out how to effectively use to scrape up against - there were hunks of skin skewered on it. It looked like a beardie-kabob. :laughhard:

So we are through the worst of it for now - the only thing left is his tail!

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Awww, Stan the Beardiefly! :love5:

Part of me is excited to see him grow, and part of me wants him to stay a little-itty-bitty forever.

I just made him an appt for the vet this Sat morning. Call it "mother's intuition" or maybe just "worry-wort", but I think he's got parasites. :cry: Either that, or the big shed just really threw him for a loop.

The past 2 days, he's eaten *very* little, and he's got water in his pewps, and he's got faint stress marks on his belly when normally there are none.

I can't stand guessing, so I'm just going to have him checked out.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Big hug to the little beardiefly.(It'll be a low amount of parasite, if any.) 1st vet visit, awww... poor little bug. Another mile stone. Little Stan, growing up. :wink:

xSweetTartx

I'm pretty sure that our dragons are possibly clutch-mates!
My Rosalia hatched at the same time and is also from the Atomic Lizard Ranch.
You have a very beautiful dragon btw. ;P

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
OMG! How cool is THAT?!??! :mrgreen: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :mrgreen:

I'm off to go check out little Rosalia's pics!

It will be interesting to compare how they grow - and how similar they are.

xSweetTartx

Dooter":2i6clvzi said:
OMG! How cool is THAT?!??! :mrgreen: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :mrgreen:

I'm off to go check out little Rosalia's pics!

It will be interesting to compare how they grow - and how similar they are.

Siblings! <3

It definitely looks like Stan is growing faster but perhaps she will catch up once she starts on roaches.
She eats a lot (65-80 crickets/worms a day) but she's growing very slowly. If her growing doesn't pick up soon she will be whisked away to the vet. :p

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Stan is a moose and a bit bigger than most 3 month olds, but his growth really took off as soon as he started eating roaches - I bet you will see a difference as soon as Rosalia starts eating them.

It could just be him playing "catch-up" though, because he was the smallest one out of that clutch. He was 5" when I got him on 4/18. I have a pic of him on my cell where I am holding him in the palm of my hand, tail and all. :laughing6:

Yeah, it can't hurt to have her checked out and just have a fecal done for peace-of-mind - that is what I am doing with Stan on Saturday. I think everything will come back normal, but I just want to know.

xSweetTartx

That's great to know. :) Wow he really was tiny then!
I think I will do that too; knowing would be best. ^^

How is he behavior-wise? Rosalia is the most diva dragon I've ever met. She demands snuggles and will pout until she gets them. Even to the point of refusing a meal. :roll:
As soon as she's on my chest though it's right for the opening so she can snuggle under and she will nestle and turn until comfort is achieved xD
She refuses to take a calm bath most days but occasionally I can coax her into it.
I'm convinced that she gets jealous over other animals. Anytime I touch the gecko she mini beards and afterwards she won't look at me. :roll:

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Its hard to really pin-point Stanley's behavior, because I've noticed that he is kind of crabby when he's shedding, and he's been shedding A LOT since I got him.

He will tolerate some petting on his back, but HATES to be pet on his head. He seems to like having under his beard petted. He DOES let me kiss him, LOL :love5:

He loves to snuggle, especially at night before bed. I stuff him under my shirt :oops: and he does a little wiggle/nesting thing to get comfy for about 5 min, then he falls asleep. Sometimes he'll pop out of the collar of my shirt and splat his face into my neck and fall asleep there.

If he doesn't get snuggles before bed, he'll lay awake in his cage (with the lights off!) until someone DOES.

He's scared to death of the outside, and can't even really handle being in the window. I'm hoping I can work with him on that, because the climate out here in Phx is perfect to have him outside! As of right now, he is PETRIFIED of being outside - he will beard up and and freak out. No bueno.

He kind of just tolerates his baths - he'll flip out for a minute and dog-paddle at the side, then he realizes that he's getting nowhere so then he just floats there. He has little floatie toys that I put in there, and he seems to like to lean on them and float around. I used to have a dragon that LOVED bathtime, and would dive and swim underwater like a crocodile, and do laps around the tub.

OH! And he is a "private pooper". NOT ONCE since I've had him have I witnessed him poop. I mean, he does every day, but he WILL NOT poop when people are around. He's very modest. LMAO!!! :laughhard:

All in all, I think he's a great guy. LOTS of personality, and is VERY attached to me, which I love. My husband says that if I am talking in another room, Stan will look up and all around for me. When I'm in the room, he's clocking my every move. :mrgreen:

xSweetTartx

Rosalia will squirm if i pet her back but she loves being pet on top on her head between her eyes and her beard. She accepts kisses too!
It sounds like they are quite a bit alike!
She's only been outside once and she didn't fancy it either. It's definitely a work in progress.

That sounds so cute!

And now that I think about it I don't think I've ever seen her poo either. It always just magically appears. xP
That's quite adorable, she would stay with me all day if I let her. <3
Our babies love us very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
617781l
Top Bottom