Amy worrying Grandma

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandma has her baby and it is a one year old bearded dragon named Amy. Grandma is 89 years old! Anyways, she is really worried because Amy has been spending hours on end laying in water lately. We have recently provided deeper and bigger water area and I feel that it must be ok for her or she wouldn't do it. Do we need to worry about her temperature regulation or will she instinctively exit water and go towards hotter side of cage if she gets cold? Thanks everyone

peera

Sub-Adult Member
You should remove it. Dragons can drown in a dish that's big enough to lay in, and the humidity generated by it isn't good for them and can cause a respiratory infection (as can being wet and not being dried after they get out). Most people don't keep any water at all in their dragons cage, giving them regular baths will keep them hydrated. And temp regulation is a worry, since dragons don't really sense heat with their legs and bellys, so she won't know if she's too cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom