Always has to be the center of attention...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure everyone else has probably already noticed this, but seriously...I love to read, to I let him run around on my bed while I just kind of sit back and do my own thing. He's running around back and forth for a good twenty minutes between my lap and one of his favorite stuffed animals. An occasional pet here and there, and of course the "beardie voice", is this enough...No of course not...He persists to shimmy up my arm and just sit on my book...or jump on it if he is feeling particularly lazy that day. He will just sit there and look around from his vantage point. Nothing will do unless I precede to put my book down and watch him run around.
If I happen to be reading while he is in his cage...well he likes to give off a little display. He precedes to puff his beard and body out to its fullest extent. Me being the gullible sucker every time, immediately runs over to grab him to make sure something hasn't scared him... :whip:
Oh and then there is...the pout. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about...they just sit there in the cage and look as pathetic as possible. Mine seems to have mastered this very well...with the head down...almost wistful look...Of course I have to take the poor thing out...and so does my mother when I'm not home. She grabs one of my shirts and does the beardie burrito and goes downstairs to watch tv till he falls asleep. This coming from the woman 10 months ago saying that he would never be allowed in the house... :roll: ...So much for that plan.
This has nothing to do with him being an attention whore but I though it was somewhat amusing so I thought I'd share. My parents recently discovered bath time... :roll: ...Now every time they hear the water running they come upstairs and insist on watching him swim...He's not used to intruders on bath time so he will just sit in the water. So now even if I happen to have the door locked mom comes around with the key and will just watch him with me. :lol:
They even play with him. Heh heh...I have more then one incriminating video of my mom and lizard... :lol: :lol:
Oh it's certainly a household take over here...

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
You can say that again! :) My buddy likes to be left alone (getting over mild aggression, but I'm sure he'll be a snugglebuddy soon), but he still demands all the attention! The day after I adopted him, I get home and he pooed all over his cage. I was pretty mad. Then I saw his face. He was glaring at me--literally, glaring--as if he was saying "it's about time you came to clean this up!" I also get the Beardie Death Glare when I get home from orchestra, because that means I'm not home to feed him until 7 or 8:00.

What we slaves do for our children....

ronni1221

Juvie Member
Menolly":08e5e said:
This has nothing to do with him being an attention whore but I though it was somewhat amusing so I thought I'd share. My parents recently discovered bath time... :roll: ...Now every time they hear the water running they come upstairs and insist on watching him swim...He's not used to intruders on bath time so he will just sit in the water. So now even if I happen to have the door locked mom comes around with the key and will just watch him with me. :lol:
They even play with him. Heh heh...I have more then one incriminating video of my mom and lizard... :lol: :lol:
Oh it's certainly a household take over here...

Wow Menolly. Your parents sound just like mine! :mrgreen: My mom apparently checks on him during the day if she's home, and talks to him all the time. Whenever I have him on my shoulder, she comes over and starts baby-talking. It's so funny. My dad, on the other hand, is still in the process of being converted. He's coming along though.

Menolly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Mine only want to snuggle for my warmth, and he know that I am well aware of his plan but I just can't resist. He has to have his daily nap everyday, which always has to be on me of course. It's like he already has my whole day planned out for me sometimes, if a stray even a wee bit, I to suffer from the infamous Beardie Death Glare...he's trained me almost to well...

ronni1221":97a27 said:
Wow Menolly. Your parents sound just like mine! :mrgreen: My mom apparently checks on him during the day if she's home, and talks to him all the time. Whenever I have him on my shoulder, she comes over and starts baby-talking. It's so funny. My dad, on the other hand, is still in the process of being converted. He's coming along though.
[/quote]

Menolly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Mine only want to snuggle for my warmth, and he know that I am well aware of his plan but I just can't resist. He has to have his daily nap everyday, which always has to be on me of course. It's like he already has my whole day planned out for me sometimes, if a stray even a wee bit, I to suffer from the infamous Beardie Death Glare...he's trained me almost to well...

ronni1221":3d8c2 said:
[/quote]

My mom does the exact same thing!!! I come home to find my mom and beardie on the couch together or whenever i bring him down my parents talk to him first and not me... :lol: Good thing I'm not the jealous type...Oh you're dad will, mine has...he follows me around the kitchen talking to him now...Beardies just have a way of sucking everyone in... :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom