Alucard's Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try not to make this introduction too upsetting.

After the sudden and tragic passing of my two year old, Simon, I had an empty enclosure and a beardie sized hole in my heart.
89300-3843667037.jpg
Simon was buried in my front yard, and a red maple tree was planted on her grave site as a memorial. Richter came to show his respects. As time passes, this whole area will be converted into a beautiful garden in her honor. Rest in peace, Simon. You were truly loved.

I'm on day two now and am still grieving horribly, but if I could turn her empty enclosure into a great home for another dragon and give them a good life, why not start now.

Alucard has been introduced to the house. She will never replace Simon and she knows she has big shoes to fill. She was also taken out to pay her respects to Simon's memorial site. She is a normal morph little girl beardie, just like Simon, and has a lot of spunk and a big appetite.
89300-7798508443.jpg
89300-3971542507.jpg
89300-1875719643.jpg
89300-339092631.jpg
89300-291837301.jpg

She's about two months old, 8.5", and 32g.
She will inevitably lose the very tip of her tail, but it looks like this is healing well and will not cause her any concern.

I look forward to the love and laughter she brings to me and appreciate her presence turning Simon's home into something positive again.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He's really been quite the character today! I love in the frantic slapping video that Yoshi, my cat, is just like "alright I'm getting out of here"

He proceeded to climb onto her back, head bob at Alucard, lick Yoshi's ear, and ride her about two feet as she went over to lay in the cat bed in the window. He's just been having a ball. Here's before the riding commenced.
89300-1778134303.jpg

He also enjoyed some rabbit cage basking time in the hot weather and used my arm for perfecting his angle
89300-5013623480.jpg

Poor little Alucard must feel neglected, but she's asleep on my hand at the moment while I decide dinner.

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Haha, whoops! Sorry about that one! :oops:

Those are some seriously sexy lady lizard legs, there, Alucard. Bet she feels all shiny and pretty after that big shed! No wonder Richter's goin nuts! :lol:

That's exactly how I was envisioning Richter's dragon pecs, too. His demeanor in my mind has come to be a like a lovable meathead. In the first video, he's like, "Brah! Out of my way, Cat-dude! I got some serious manly dragon stuff to do, bro!"

And then the second one, "My bad, Cat-dude. We're cool, man, we're cool." :laughhard:

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Meathead is definitely very fitting. I'm pretty sure he can bench more than I can...
He's super territorial, head bobs like crazy, and is ripped, but also such a floppy little ragdoll and such a sweetheart. He also escaped the outdoor rabbit cage by turning sideways and going through the bars. He's smarter than I thought. He's also clearly feeling a lot better after the coccidia meds.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
traildrifterphalanx":1hvmd6oc said:
89300-152177816.jpg
"Hey bros, just hit up the gym, got my sweat on. Didn't hit my goal but it's whatever. Much love"

Lol omg that kills me

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So Richter has learned to escape the rabbit cage outside by turning sideways and going through the bars :angry5: I left him alone for like 5 minutes yesterday, came back and he was gone. Luckily my backyard is fully fenced, and he did not get far and was clearly unharmed. I plopped him back in and watched him from a distance to see how he did it, and watched him turn sideways and slide his giant head through and wriggle. Guess I'll need to add some mesh or chicken wire around it to stop that habit.

This morning after I left for work I received a text photo from my roommate showing Richter in the living room by the TV. He did it again. I completely forgot my own rule about locking the enclosure. He is back in and locked.

Clearly nothing can contain Richter.

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
With that upper bod?! No way, brah! Thomas says they should get together, take turns spotting, pound some buggy protein shakes after. :p

A guinea pig cage should be arriving today for Thomas, I certainly hope he has not been reading this and getting ideas from Richter the escape artist... The bars seem pretty close together, so will hopefully contain his fat butt, though we shall see. :lol:

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
fuchsiaSkies":3vjjld1z said:
With that upper bod?! No way, brah! Thomas says they should get together, take turns spotting, pound some buggy protein shakes after. :p

A guinea pig cage should be arriving today for Thomas, I certainly hope he has not been reading this and getting ideas from Richter the escape artist... The bars seem pretty close together, so will hopefully contain his fat butt, though we shall see. :lol:

He's willing to bench with Thomas, as long as he checks out his biceps.

I thought the rabbit cage bars were close enough together. His head is clearly too wide to go through, but I did not consider him smart enough to go through sideways. I suppose if you're determined, you find a way.

I swear I could put him in a lizard straight-jacket and he'd still get out, like a magician..

Speaking of, poor little Alucard :lol: She was WILD! Restrained! (no pressure was used to hold her, she just chose to fish wriggle through my closed hand and pinned her little arms back)
89300-4984467081.jpg

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Weigh day!
Richter appears to have plateaued for now and has remained 19.5" and 482g.

Alucard is taking off!
89300-9112615035.jpg
89300-1329977988.jpg
89300-9385608388.jpg

She's grown 3/4" and 11g in one week, holy cow.
She's about 3 months old and her tail is about to shed

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Richter is just about 9 months now, so he'll probably continue to grow slowly over the next couple months, but he came to a screeching halt.

If Alucard had the tip of her tail still, she'd be 11.5", meaning she grew 3" in the month and a week I've had her which is pretty impressive. It's not that she particularly eats a bunch, either, she's just a quick one :) I'll miss her as a baby but I'm excited to see her grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom