All of a sudden Digger-again 12/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Wow, hubby checked on him at 7:30, he was at the gate, he wanted out, took him downstairs, put him in his tank, he showed him the water bowl and he drank a lot, now this is where he is:

74236_171888299492704_100000146059401_619507_8083426_n.jpg

He said he's not black anymore either, I guess maybe it was a 24 hour beardie flu? No matter, I am keeping tabs on him

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Wow! Digger looks so much better and alert too! Maybe it was a bad worm. I hope he continues to get better for you Mary.
Keep us updated. :D

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks Dawn, Jiffy, Diane & Tracie, he does look a lot better! I was going to take him out at 3:30 this morning, when I peeked at him he was all snuggled in his towels, I petted him and he was nice and warm, so maybe that was it, a bad worm...he did have 11 of them and they were on the small side, prior to that I had given him the baby food, opened a new jar of turkey and he eats that off my fingers (forget a syringe, it squirts all over except his mouth, lol)

He's seven and a half and you would figure by now I wouldn't be such a worry-wart, sigh

Thank you all again!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
They are just like children... you never stop worrying no matter how old they are. I worry more about Rex than I do Bligg. You just know that after a beardie reaches a certain age in adulthood any number of things can go wrong. Join the worry-wort club! :wink:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Mary,

Wow, Digger looks SO much better. He must have had a bad worm, & possibly been a little dehydrated.
I would push the oral fluids a little for the next week or so to make sure he gets filled back out. I am so happy he is doing better. They can sure make us worry!

Tracie

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Just got a call from the hubby, he got Digger out of the cat carrier this AM, he was fine, he put him in his tank, came back a little later and Digger has the black beard back and he is white and he pooped (he cleaned it all up and changed his towel). He took him out and put him on the tabel we have set up in the kitchen and took care of his tank, he said his head is up and looking around then while he was talking to me on the phone he put Digger back in the tank, his beard is black and his body is white and eventually he put his head down.

He did have a bath day before yesterday and he did drink a lot of water and we think he ate half a raspberry yesterday (his new worms won't be in till tomorrow, got rid of the rest of them)but we are not sure about that.

I don't know, do you think that maybe it takes a while for whatever to clear up? Other than that , he was bugging his eyes too, but that's normal.

I asked for a pic from the hubby as soon as I get it I will post it

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
This is not a good day I cannot get a hold of my vet, and of course Herpconnection is blocked, I remember a Dr Gote or Lote in Lansdale? Can anybody see if I am right and if there are reviews of her? Thanks!

***edit-shey only treat dogs & cats, no more herps, sigh, so nm

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Poor Digger. Keeping you all in my thoughts
Lisa Gote, DVM
Gwynedd Veterinary Hospital & Emergency Service
1615 West Point Pike
Lansdale, PA 19446
Tel: (215) 699-9294
Open 7 days a week and 24 hours every day for emergencies, though, exotics doctor is not always on. "Call ahead"
Comments:
# DR (03/23/01) AC - Dr. Gote is no longer at this practice and they will not see/treat a venomous snake. (02/26/06)

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thank you Jiffy and discojan, that place no longer sees reptiles so I finally got a hold of my regular vet, earliest appt I can get is Nov 5 at 6:15PM...this sux :(

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Seriously? That is ridiculous. I can understand if it was routine something, but not if there is a problem. Will they not accept walk ins? If it was me, I would show up with my sick baby and I think they would have to work you in. Surely they would not turn you away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom