all my feeders dieing suddenly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
i buy my crickets in bulk online in orders of 1000. that usualy lasts about 3 weeks to a month witch i fine to be quite ok. but the last 2 shipments of them, even thought they have they same setup in a bin as the others, all die within about 1 1/2 weeks. i feed then dry catfood AND leftover greens from my beardie. they have crickets water gel. thy have egg flats. the only difference might be a slight temp difference. but the LOWEST it gets even at this time of year where the crickets are located, is about 61 or 62 degrees at lowest. i even measued with my prob thermometer:) can any1 tell me why they are all dieing???

ps: i dont know if this means anything but, right before they die and when they are dead they are like a blacking color. they turn more black as they get closer to death and then die.

Gail

BD.org Addict
first thing I would do is get them warmer, low 60's is really too cool for them. Do they have good ventilation and low humidity? You could always try switching brands of food too.

The only other thing I can think of is to get ahold of your supplier and ask if they've had any trouble with the cricket virus.

DNADragons

Hatchling Member
60's are kinda cold. Try to get the warmer. I noticed the legs of my crickets got stiff and immobile when the temps get too low. I heard once upon a time that black cricket carcasses meant pesticides or death from a chemical agent. Try to sanitize the cage often, remove dead bodies daily, if you are routine with it after a few days the deaths should stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom