All about Gavin and Chubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemiluc

Hello,

I recently adopted 2 new beadies. One is about 6 1/2 inches long, so I'm thinking he's about 2-3 months old, that's Gavin. The other is about 13 inches long, so I'm thinking he's about 5-6 months old, that's Chubs. Not exactly sure - the smaller one is from Petsmart and the larger one is from Petco - hanging my head in shame.... Neither place knew how old they were, just when they got them in. They are both doing great! At first I thought Chubs might be a Leucistic, he's very light. But now he's shedding, so I can't wait to see what colors he really is. I've been feeding them crickets, kale, turnup greens. I was feeding them a spring mix, but I'm hearing that's not so good for them. I want to change to reptiworms - can't stand the crickets anymore. Gavin was in a cage with carpet, right temps and lighting.. He glass danced up to me and I just had to take him home. I'm proud to say, he's very happy! He had a little spot on his back, but it's gone now. I think it came off while he was shedding. Then I found Chubs, he was in a tiny tank with sand - grr! and with 3 other beardies... wish I could have taken them all. Since I had room for 1 more, and my hubby (bless his heart) said okay, we adopted him. I'm just crazy about these guys, even my hubby says he's never seen me more dedicated to anything else, beside our son of course :D. I did as much research before getting them, but still managed to get the lighting wrong - it's all good now. Wish I would have found this sight sooner. I've been reading everyone's threads and I think you all are amazing! Your insights, advice and overall kindness helped me decide to introduce my boys! Also, a shout out to Sashee and Jess4921 - Sashee, I hope Bowser is doing better and Jess, I look everyday to see what's new with Dudley! Thanks again for taking the time to read my thread and I hope to hear from you soon!

P.S. I have pictures, but I'm still trying to figure out how to load them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom