**ALert-Play Sand from Home Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
THis was on the Pogona Yahoo Group, I do not know if the poster posted it here but I am passing it on:
(copied word for word)

ALERT!!! ALERT!!! ALERT!!!
The childrens playsand from Home Depot is NO LONGER an acceptable substrate for our beardies no matter their age.
Please make sure this gets to everyone you know.
In the past I have promoted Home Depots sand because I know it was a safe substrate. I use it will all my masters. Went there yesterday and got multiple 50 lb bags. This a.m. put them in new enclosures, cut open the bag and poured. After pouring all bags, went back to spread out and that is when I noticed. Home Depot has a different brand/supplier of Childrens play sand. It is alot more course and is infested with small pebbles. IMPACTION for sure. I am very dissappointed with this (as I have given Home Depot a free plug in the past) and angry as now I have to go through and scoop all the sand out.
I will be going to Lowes to see how there sand is today and report what I find.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Isn't the point of sifting the play sand to get all the pebbles and such out? (Genuine question, not being a smart ass)

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
WHat I get from this is the poster may have sent this in because some people may not sift theirs..also as a word of caution as you don't want to waste your money if you already know there are going to be a ton of pebbles in the sand, I take it as it was changed a lot.

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
i get mine from walmart and use a fine grade sifter to get all the pebbles out its not a big deal just a pain in the hinny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom