Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Here is a link to help with posting pictures:

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/#new

I would definitely get a new temp gun, just to be sure the temperatures are optimal.
For green choices, I would reduce the kale & broccoli, as they are high in oxalates which can bind calcium. The bok choy is fine. Try turnip greens, mustard or collard greens, arugula, dandelion greens, can be mixed & rotated.
How is his breathing doing?

Tracie

albithebeardie

Original Poster
Hey I just wanted to let everyone know I took Albi to the vet and he opened his mouth up and he had like 5 days worth of lettuce and kale in there.. We are also giving him de-worming medication because I am not sure whether he has been de-wormed or not.. Thank you so much everyone for the help! He is doing a lot better and he is really worn out because he hasn't slept in two days so he is having a little nap on his hammock.

Havana

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm really glad to hear that you found out what it was + had it taken care of. Hopefully Albi will be feeling better now. As was mentioned, switch to greens like turnip, mustard, + collard rather than all kale, and tear the pieces up pretty small. Maybe that will lessen the chance of him getting it stuck in his throat again.

Watch to see his appetite is O.K on the meds. Generally you don't give a dewormer unless a fecal test was done and you actually have a diagnosis because there are different meds. for different parasites.....and if he doesn't even have any worms then he would be given strong meds. for nothing. Hopefully his appetite will bounce back, but you may need a probiotic like Benebac or Acidophiliz+ .

But I'm glad he's feeling better !

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Havana,

I am glad to hear Albi is doing better. I hope he is able to sleep now, finally.
Do you know which dewormer they gave him, hopefully just panacur. He may not have needed it though, so hopefully he wont have any side effects from it.
Try to chop up the greens for him, to eat better so he wont choke on them or get them caught in his throat again.

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

SDragon

Juvie Member
That's great news. Glad it was easily fixed, I take it you can't feel the lump in his beard still?

Just to reiterate you should ditch kale as the staple. Did you get a new temp gun?

What was he prescribed to deworm. Just as a heads up (and this isn't a criticism of you, only the vet) but to reiterate above, it's poor form from the vet to prescribe it without doing a fecal test. I'd keep an eye on his appetite and weight, sure he will be ok, but he might benefit from a probiotic.

albithebeardie

Original Poster
SDragon":2b630ges said:
That's great news. Glad it was easily fixed, I take it you can't feel the lump in his beard still?

Just to reiterate you should ditch kale as the staple. Did you get a new temp gun?

What was he prescribed to deworm. Just as a heads up (and this isn't a criticism of you, only the vet) but to reiterate above, it's poor form from the vet to prescribe it without doing a fecal test. I'd keep an eye on his appetite and weight, sure he will be ok, but he might benefit from a probiotic.

No lump in his beard that I can feel the only thing that really scares me is that when the vet opened his mouth and everything he was forced to shed his chin and that spot is staying black and he gets really mad and swats me when I try and touch it (normally he loves beard rubs)

I haven't gotten a chance to get a temp gun and I feel horrible about it.. He has a stick on thermometer which I know isn't as good but I have just been super busy and the pet store is sort of in an awkward location

I thought it was really weird to give him the de worming stuff without doing a fecal and I even brought poop because I thought we would have to.. Sort of felt like they were just trying to make me spend money..

The bag says panacur Suspension 100mg/ml (per ml) (1ml)
By mouth once daily for 5 consecutive days repeat in two weeks..
Is this good stuff?
I think it's been giving him diarrhea.. His stools have been really loose the past two days!

SDragon

Juvie Member
Glad the food was the cause of the lump not a symptom. When you say he was forced to shed what happened, do his scales look damaged?

Can you get a temp gun if Amazon instead? No need to beat yourself up but it would be good.

Panacur is a bit more targeted than other treatments so is less likely to cause diarrhoea, but it's possible from what I understand. Not had to use it personally. It is on my effective against some parasites. If the diarrhoea continues Id find a different vet to perform a fecal.

Is he eating ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom