Ah finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so it's been quite a long time now since I've started researching and setting up a tank for a little friend.
A lot of credit goes to Embee for helping me out!
After I what seemed like perfect temperatures, I went out in search of a beardie.
Then I saw this little guy on the local ads.

Well, he's been home since last night. Finished off quite a meal too!
Right now, he's just laying in the shade, so I decided to turn off the CHE for a day and see how that goes.
I dunno if it's a male or a female yet.

Well, enough of me talking, here are the pictures! They're not the greatest, but I'll get more up later on!
http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1153.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1154.jpg
http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1164.jpg

Oh and after his big dinner last night, should I be worried he hasn't "done his business" yet?

*EDIT*
While posting this, I turned around and he had a present for me on my backpack :roll:
Lastly, could somebody tell me what kind of morph (if he is one) he is?

*Picture Edit*
I took out the [im/g] and just left the link there. Enjoy!

Stac561

My guess is a bit older probably not by much but most breeders keep them for I believe up to 6 weeks I know my breeder keeps them for 10 weeks. That's just a guess though since you said you bought him off of someone who had him for 2-3 months. I love when they're little, their heads are so big compaired to their body it's cute hehe

DistDrag

Juvie Member
Looking at the pictures I would say your little freind is a normal. That said dragons can start out looking normal and as they get older show more coloring.

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Cute little beardie! I just read your thread about the enclosure and temps which lead me to here. I think I can fix the picture problem. I hope you don't mind if I post them here for you:

img1153.jpg

img1154.jpg

img1164.jpg

I would agree that he looks like a normal at this point, but you don't really know what kind of colors will start popping out with each shed.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Ah, how nice he left you a present... :mrgreen:

Doonagoowin,

He (she?) just looks great! VERY cute. I'm glad you were able to find him, because his previous home didn't sound "ideal" if you know what I mean. How happy and content he must be feeling, and if he had a good meal, even better. A lot of times when you change their environment, they can be pretty shy, and it's common for them to shut down the appetite for a few days. This little guy is clearly feeling right at home.

The very best to you, and I'm glad I was able to help. All my inexperience you know, it can really pay off... :wink:

Enjoy...
Em

Doonagoowin

Original Poster
Thanks Gregory!

Update:

It's a she! It's a she!
Well, I'm 99% sure it's a she. Only one lump right behind the vent after I checked it again.

Oh I had to section off half the tank because I think it just seemed so vast for her!

Does anybody have any ideas for names? I'm still waiting for the right name for her.

XCrunner

Hatchling Member
My little guy looks exactly the same. The darkness and the stress marks are driving me crazy though. She won't eat for me anymore either :( She doesn't seem to like handling but maybe it's because i'm trying to pick her up wrong. after all you have a picture of your guy with stress marks and hes on your leg. Cute little dragon though. Does she get the stress marks regularly and do they last on her?
But that is an extremely cute dragon you got there!

DragonGal

Hatchling Member
Well, isn't she a cutie!
I wouldn't jump the gun with the names, if you wait, one'll just come to you. ;)
Good to have you here! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom