Agni's shedding issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
Agni began shedding his legs last Monday, and 3 out of 4 came off nice and easy

his back left leg, however, only shed half way, from the knee to the foot

from the knee up to the body, it doesn't seem to want to come off. it's waxy, and I've seen it peeling a few times, but the peeling part seems like its re-attaching itself, because nothing is coming off.

I've been giving him baths every day since last Monday, and tried using a toothbrush to help loosen it, but its being extremely stubborn, and Agni is in a really foul mood because of it. he's completed his entire shed cycle except for that patch between knee and body, and his appetite is almost non-existant.

he's pooping regularly, and poops look good, im just worried about this stubbon patch of shed doing damage to him.

any advice?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, sorry to hear about Agni's stubborn shed on his back leg. Sometimes areas take longer than others. You could use 100% Aloe Vera gel or 100% Cocoa Butter stick, I had good results over the years from both. But, you have to make sure to apply it before bed so that either can sink in overnight as you wouldn't want him to be under the basking bulb as that could cause his skin to burn.

Another thing you could try is repti-shedding-aid by Zoo Med. I've heard of some good results when using that.

Keep us updated on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom