agni sleepy a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
a few days ago he was dancing on the glass, and generally wanting to be out and about and cuddling

for the last 4 days however, he doesn't want to leave his hide. he'll tolerate petting, and will let me pick up up and take him out of his tank, but he'll immediately buttwiggle and fall asleep on my chest. he'll eat a few bites of salad if I put it in front of his face, and take a single super worm, then bask for about half an hour and go right back into his hide.

his lighting and heat are all fine, and I don't think he's old enough to be bromating. he just had a checkup and is as healthy as a beardie can be. not sure what to do here, do I leave him alone and let him sleep, or try and get him more active?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is he showing a black beard or losing any weight? Is he still pooping on a normal schedule? If everything else checks out, I'd just keep making food available and let him sleep for now. Keep a close eye on his weight though. That tends to be a good indicator of health and sickness. He may just be going through a lazy phase which is OK for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom