Agni going berserk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
this morning he started frantically running circles in his tank, trying to climb the glass, wont sit still

he is shedding, but he's never acted like this before. I thought he wanted to come out and explore, so I put him on the floor and went a few yards away to watch.

his beard went black in a matter of minutes, though he didn't puff out. and he flattened onto the floor. so I put him back in his tank, and his beard didn't go away, and he kept running around and going nuts.

I gave him a bath, and that didn't help. I opened the blinds on a window and he spent a few minutes staring outside before he climbed onto me and started sort of head bobbing towards his tank, so I put him back in.

he's calming down a bit now, but still has spurts of activity. he's got a full bowl of salad and a helping of phoenix worms in there, so he's not hungry.

just trying to figure out why hes acting so weird

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like maybe his hormones are going nuts. Cooper used to do that sometimes. It came in spurts and he would go back to normal after a few days.

I am having the same problem with Spike. He is going nuts in his viv. He tries to climb the glass basically all day. I take him out for a few hours, give him a bath and wrap him with the towel after the bath, and put him back in and he is calm for a while and then starts again.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
cknowles24":3kj3l2i8 said:
I am having the same problem with Spike. He is going nuts in his viv. He tries to climb the glass basically all day. I take him out for a few hours, give him a bath and wrap him with the towel after the bath, and put him back in and he is calm for a while and then starts again.

The temps in his viv are at the right temp. I have also noticed that he is not eating as much as he normally does, as far as salad but eats about 30 crickets a day. Tonight when I placed him in the bath I noticed that his beard is darker then normal. I have been doing research all day on here and other sites. I have been questioning if he is really a he or a she. Since he has also been digging in this cage, I have placed a blanket in one part of the cage where he is digging thinking that maybe he wants to burmate but he just sits on top of the blanket. He is also wondering from the cool side to the warm side of the tank, exerting heat on both sides. I have recently changed to vita sand. Does the sand hold more heat then using the repti-carpet? Any suggestions on this behavior?

He is about 16 inches long, not sure about his age I would say close to a year if not a year. I have had him since June of this year. :banghead:

In order to not steal the OP's thread can you please make a new thread for your little one on this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom