Aggressive Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaeRaeTRT

I have a 9 month - 12 month old dragon and I got him in October last year. You'd think I have him tamed by now but nope. He really does not like me; all he does is try to run away from my hand whenever I try to pick him up or pet him. He also hisses and tries to bite me. It's disheartening because most dragons are friendly, except mine. Please help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We need to go over the lighting in the tank -- their behavior has a lot to do w/ basking temps and UVB - tell me what your using for the UVB brand and bulb ? coil or tube? where in the tank is it and what are your basking temps? how are you taking them? NO stick ons! What size tank ?
Karrie

RaeRaeTRT

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2bsxlsvi said:
We need to go over the lighting in the tank -- their behavior has a lot to do w/ basking temps and UVB - tell me what your using for the UVB brand and bulb ? coil or tube? where in the tank is it and what are your basking temps? how are you taking them? NO stick ons! What size tank ?
Karrie
My mom got me the Zilla Mini Halogen Dome lamp so that's what I've been using (+mini halogen bulb), and it's in the corner of the tank (which is 30-40 gallons). The basking temp is around 80-85 degrees Fahrenheit, according to the stick on (oops).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so there is no UVB? Your dragon needs to go into a larger tank 40 gallon is minimum - we recommend a 75-120 gallon-- next you need to get a UVB ASAP-- your dragon will not live w/ out a UVB--- You need a 24" fixture w/ a reflector-- and a Reptisun 10.0 bulb--- immediately- he is not able to absorb calcium w/ out it--- he is already getting sick and the aggression is one sign- you do not want him to develop mbd-- he will get neurological issues seizures etc-- next basking temps need to be 95-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- he will not last too much longer w/ out these things I have told you -- you need to get him outside for some UVB-- put him in a plastic tote NO GLASS put him in direct sunlight/ partial.shade for 15 minutes---- NO longer - you do not want to burn him up -- watch him-- I am thinking he's already developing mbd since he's had no UVB and he is almost a year
If you have any more questions please ask I will help
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom