Age and size question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumblebee

Juvie Member
I'm glad you're taking him to the vet :) You can ask the vet what they prefer, but I think most people just scoop it up and put it in a zippy bag. It has to be pretty fresh, and they may want you to refrigerate it if it's more than a few hours old (again, ask the vet's office because I don't know for sure). When I had a fecal exam done for my beardie, he pooped at the vet's office, so I didn't have to worry about it.

Hope that helps!

Relwarc

Original Poster
On a side note, he wouldn't eat this morning. But in the middle of the day, he ate 10 dubias..... ha who knows with this guy. He def still needs an initial vet visit, etc.

Relwarc

Original Poster
Last night he ate another 10 or so, and maybe 5 or 6 this morning.

He shed last night. (as we suspected). He took a total of maybe 2 hours and had completely trashed his viv! ha! There was shed everywhere!!

.... it it weird that he actually looks bigger? That can't be possible, right? My GF and I were looking at him after he shed, and he actually LOOKS bigger!.... random.

bumblebee

Juvie Member
That's great that he's eating better! :blob5: :blob8:

Yeah, my beardie makes a mess when he's shedding. I have him on non-adhesive shelf liner, though, so it's really easy to just take him out and vacuum up the shed skin. And I understand what you mean about them randomly looking bigger :) But especially when they've just shed and their colors look so different.

Relwarc

Original Poster
UPDATE!:

Went to the vet last night. He had his fill of crickets and dubias before we left. The vet told us he was probably just lethargic and not eating because he was shedding (did so on Monday). She said he looks to be in great health, zero issues that she could see. She also said he is VERY small for 3 months old. So much so, that she's banking on the fact that the person who sold him to me was wrong on his age. He was a good little boy for her, until she wanted to look in his mouth. He wasn't having ANY of that! ha!! She had to pull it open, and he bearded up instantly! ha! I've never actually seen him do that! His stomach and beard are usually snow white now, and he's back to eating like a little machine.

In the next couple of weeks, we hope he'll start to grow faster, proving that he's a few weeks younger than we thought.

The experience at the vet (Falls Road Animal Hospital, Baltimore, MD) was awesome. The vet and staff were awesome. I work in healthcare, and they had better bedside manner than 98% of the doctors i've met, and I've met hundreds over the past 5 years, all over the country..... figures! :roll:

Thanks everyone for your support, we're super relieved that he's happy and healthy and that we're doing well as new parents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom