Afraid or Waiting Up for Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to attend a viewing for a coworker's mother last night. I left the house at ~7:30pm and got home about 9pm. When I walked into the living room and peaked into Pookie's tank, quietly because I didn't want to wake him up, I saw that he was still awake, but not wide awake. His poor little eyelids looked so heavy and tired but he didn't sleep.

Now, keep in mind that his lights go out around 7:50pm. When I'm home, he'd close his eyes shortly after the lights go out and I'd go and scoop him up and let him snuggle/fall asleep on me.

So, was he afraid to close his eyes and sleep because I wasn't home, or was he waiting up for me so he could snuggle???

I hope it's the latter.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
I think it was the snuggle. Scorch gets really irritated if you are late taking her out for her evening snuggle. If I am busy with something in the room and she can see us she will start pacing. It's sweet that Pookie waited for you, maybe he sensed that you were the one that needed the snuggle last night.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
I think he just wanted to make sure his woman was home safe.

If he had a rocking chair on a porch you'd bet he'd be sitting there waiting!

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
He had to have been waiting for a snuggle!! My Alf is used to being snuggled to sleep as this has been done almost every night since we got her. There have been a couple of times when we went to a friends house to eat,we would come in quietly so as not to disturb her only to find her,although sleepy,waiting for us. I get her out tell her I love her (or my husband or son do) wrap her in her blankie,put her on our chest and BINGO, she goes right to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom