Afraid of the Light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolsgold

Hatchling Member
:shock: Well my little dragon has just become more weird IMO....
So to start off with I've had Fino over two weeks by now and he has only eaten twice on his own (and that was only a total of 5 bugs). I have to force feed him roaches or syringe feed him carnivore care. He was sold as 'a nervous dragon that isn't proactive when it comes to eating' but this is getting a bit crazy.
So his new reptisun bulb blew after 2 weeks of use (stupid bulb) so I bought an Arcadia. He still isn't wanting to bask or stay in the UV. Fino has only basked once (after I had taken him outside for about 45min, also the only time I've seen him w/ out stress marks on his belly), normally he has found the darkest corner of the tank or burrowed in the shirt/towel I have in the tank. Anything to get away from the light. And yes the temps are right 105* +/- basking 90*hot side 75*-80* cool side measured with a temp gun ~2inches away.

So do I just have a weird dragon or do you wonderful people think there is something wrong? If he's just an oddball I don't care, I'm just worried that something might be up with him. He is fat, well hydrated and active. He just likes to hide :shock:

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
how close is the bulb to the basking area?

usually they hide from the light if it is a bad bulb, but the arcadia 12% is one of the best.

has he been pooping regularly? Mr Dargon will sometimes hide if he hasn't pooped.

did the other owners hold him ever? maybe he is just really scared because he hasn't been handled?

foolsgold

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He can get anywhere from 18" down to 8" away from the uv/basking lights.
He hasn't pooped for a few days but he also isn't eating that much. 1-2 syringes of baby food/carnivore care and yesterday I made him eat 3 roaches and a few pieces of squash. I mean I just hope this isn't something that I will always have to do.... I would love to see him run across the cage and get bugs like everyone else talks about :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kay.marie
Top Bottom