Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirst89

Hey, so my dragon, puff, is a 4 yr old male. On Monday he was sick twice and had diarrhea. His sick was just crushed up locusts that he had ate. I let him be Monday on Tuesday I gave him a bath and he stuck his head under the water to drink and had his eyes shut. Safe to say he gave me a fright but once I moved him he was fine. Anyway he then had some apple and spent the rest of the day happy in his clean viv. Wednesday/Thursday he ate some greens and was out as usual. I had made an appointment at vets for today but cancelled it as he seemed better but I have noticed he's still opening his mouth randomly (like what they do to cool off) but he is doing it outside his viv sometimes also. On Sunday we got a new bearded dragon fire who is 6month old female. They haven't been out together but they have spotted each other through the glass. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Should I have taken him to vet? Or is this normal behaviour? Sorry for long post just wanted you to have as much info as possible

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please do not let them see each other --- they will stress each other out --- they should never be together unless your breeding them --- as far as the breathing its hard to say --- what kind of UVB are you using ? Could be possible RI but wont know for sure - any hard breathing any mucous coming out of the nose or mouth

Kirst89

Original Poster
They are in different rooms was only when I brought
Puff through to living room he started head bopping so I moved him out of sight of fire (literally was for a few seconds)
He's not sneezing or anything there is no mucus purely just the mouth opening. It's an arcadia desert 10%. He's never been sick before never had any issues in the 4yrs we have had him. Should I take him to vet about his breathing incase it is a RI?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Not yet can you get a pic of him and / or video of him --- you can record on you tube and post link --- its more than likely not a RI w/ him having no mucous / drainage -- I would however recommend you getting a 12% bulb -- where in the UVB in the tank or top of screen ?

Kirst89

Original Poster
Thank you I will try get a video of him. ❤
His femoral pores look larger than normal also could this make him feel poorly?
112105-7997890189.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I doubt it only unless they were infected and they don't look infected- you can soak him in some betadine bath make it look like a weak tea- soak him for 10-15 minutes it's probably gonna take a few soaks to get them soft then gently squeeze them they should unplug -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom