advice on food when crickets are not popular

Status
Not open for further replies.

NwBrdOwnr

We have had our beardie for a week. He is a healthy 5 week old and quite active. His appetite isn't. I read reptiworms are a good way to get him to eat. He only eats one time a day. Even though I try 3 times. This is kinda frustrating. The total eaten in one day has been 10. Any advice Thanks

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Repti worms, calcia worms are good but not as a staple they are a supplement. Phoenix worms are a grate staple. Mine only are once a day at that age to.

NwBrdOwnr

Original Poster
Thanks. I read earlier that these are a replacement for crickets. Ive tried freezing them(crickets) and it does not work. I also thought that phenoix worms were too big for a baby??? Thinking I need something other than crickets.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
tgolden":sxp3zg5z said:
Repti worms, calcia worms are good but not as a staple they are a supplement. Phoenix worms are a grate staple. Mine only are once a day at that age to.

reptiworms and phoenix worms are the same thing: black soldier fly larva. and they make great staple food, since they are loaded with calcium.

i have had success with the dubia roaches.

NwBrdOwnr":sxp3zg5z said:
Thanks. I read earlier that these are a replacement for crickets. Ive tried freezing them(crickets) and it does not work. I also thought that phenoix worms were too big for a baby??? Thinking I need something other than crickets.

the worms come in small medium and large, with the large being as long as a penny

NwBrdOwnr

Original Poster
Thank you. I think I am going to place and order of the xtra small 150ct and see how he does

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Hey bunny you need to do your research a little deeper. calcia worms are not a staple they have to much calcium to be a everyday feeder. It even says"Dietary supplement" on the cup they come in. to much is just as bad as not enough.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
tgolden":1netnckm said:
Hey bunny you need to do your research a little deeper. calcia worms are not a staple they have to much calcium to be a everyday fesays"Dietary supplement" on the cup they come in. to much is just as bad as not enough.
Hmmm... I never said calcia worms. Let me reread my post again.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
bunnyrut":2yc32owk said:
tgolden":2yc32owk said:
Hey bunny you need to do your research a little deeper. calcia worms are not a staple they have to much calcium to be a everyday fesays"Dietary supplement" on the cup they come in. to much is just as bad as not enough.
Hmmm... I never said calcia worms. Let me reread my post again.
Maybe I miss understood lol not trying to bust your chops just did not want to give bad info out.

jessicaLuck

Hatchling Member
Ok now I am confused I was under the impression that reptiworms and Phoenix worms were the same thing and could be fed as a staple?

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
jessicaLuck":35nn45ye said:
Ok now I am confused I was under the impression that reptiworms and Phoenix worms were the same thing and could be fed as a staple?

I'm studying to be an entomologist so I know I what talk about. Reptiworms, Phoenix worms and Calciworms are all larvae of the black solider fly (Hermetia illucens) Look it up if you don't believe me. The only difference is how they are raised. And each name is from a different company. I'm not sure about the status as a staple. When I do get them they are going to be fed alongside the roaches. Hope this helps everybody.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Phoenix worms can be feed as a staple the other bsfl should not be feed as a staple because they are to high in calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom