Advice anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calais is very docile, til your not looking and he takes off like there is no tomorrow. I want to know how I can make him not so timid and more comfortable. When I go to pick him up out of his cage he runs and runs... Stops and will pretty much just allow me to pet his head.. Which he LOVES!!! The minute I go to lift Calais, runs :( no open mouth, no flairing, just runs. I would like to be able to pick Calais up and set Calais wherever I am.

Also, as you can see Calais is small. How and when do I distinguish gender?!?!

Ty

LLLReptile

Juvie Member
You can also just try giving him more time to grow up. Babies act like babies; there's a big wide world out there and he's not sure what's going on.

As he gets older, he should mellow out quite a bit - it's just that he's small, everything is a lot bigger than he is, and he hasn't experienced much of it yet. You may want to try having him out for short periods at a time (5 to 10 min) for now, and as he gets bigger, very slowly increasing the amount of time.

-Jen

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Count your blessing that he is active. Give it a year and that spunky little runner will turn into a round pet rock with eyes. :p And I agree, give it time and maybe try to handfeed a couple pieces of greens a day to just build up trust and bonding. Harley used to like to run around her cage when she was a baby. Now that she is almost 1.5 years old, her favorite activity is going to her "spot" on the top of the couch back and stretching out and watching tv or us.

JaffaCake

Hatchling Member
My beardie Duncan does the same don't worry, your beardie will get use to you, try put your worn shirt where he usually lays, that way he can get you to your scent.

My beardie is 2 and he still runs around like his tail is on fire aaalllll day long.
It doesn't mean he doesn't like you. Maybe try holding him when he's cooling down after a long day of exploring :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom