Adult Beardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuskugee

Hatchling Member
My Bearded Dragon is one year old. I know I have to start feeding him 80% veggies, but he has never really eaten them. I haven't really put in veggies for him in the past due to my brother's stupidity. How/what is the best way for him to start munching on his veggies?

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Put the salad in with him first thing in the morning and hold off on his bugs until later on in the day. He's more likely to start trying out the veggies when he's hungry.

If that doesn't work, you can also mix in bugs and worms with the salad - silkies work great because they hold onto the greens, so as your dragon picks out the worms, he also gets greens.

Try different coloured foods - my dragon was attracted to red sweet peppers, the yellows of grated squash, and the reddish colour of prickly pear.

Just a couple of tips to get you started :) Now that your dragon is a year old, you'll want to gradually start cutting back on the number of bugs he gets each day until he's down to 25-50 bugs a week depending on which type of bug you use. You want to try and have him on the adult diet by the time he's 18 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom