Adult beardie not eating, basking, or bowel movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

burt1016

Juvie Member
It's been around a week since Joyce's last bowel movement. She used to take a bite or two of the butternut squash I offered her, and now even this has come to a halt. She hasn't eating a dubia in roughly a week, and it's now day 3 of zero food. I offer her water, and bathed her in warm water to try and get her to have a bowel movement. No success! She's acting very lethargic, sulking in the corner. What should I do?!

kiki13

I literally just had this happen with my beardie. If your temperatures are all correct and UVB is the right kind then she might just be brumating. Mine has eaten maybe 5 supers since the beginning of October and she just had a bowel movement yesterday. She hasn't touched her greens at all either. Read the article on this site about brumation if you haven't before. It's pretty helpful.

Keep in mind that when I take Leah out of her enclosure, she'll walk around and explore. She's awake and alert and will interact. If yours seems fine except that she sleeps all day and doesn't eat much/poop (within reason), then she might just be brumating.

Hope that makes sense, I'm sorry I couldn't really elaborate.

kiki13

P.S. I tried everything I read on here to get Leah to have a bowel movement. I've tried the applesauce and olive oil, pureed prunes, the whole shebang. The only thing that worked for her was a 30 min bath and then towel drying her and putting her on the cool tiles in the kitchen. It took like two minutes and out it came. I saw that post by someone else on this site and I don't remember who but it definitely worked. Give it a go. :)

Mines exactly the same only he's been like this since september :/ he's currently at his worst and all he does it sleep. I'm fairly certain everythings ok (confirmed with vet he's ok and his set up is good) and he's still got fat pads under his arms so I'm not panicking too much. i think they go through a cycle of brumation (in the uk so it's pretty cold) where they sleep most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom