ADDED LIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfeman

Hi, My current set up is 40g breeder with a Arcadia 12% with a T5 fixture (36 in), a Megaray 100w basking bulb... My question is.... can I have a halogen bulb turned on at the same time with my lights i mentioned above. Basically there would be three light on....

Tylerh

Hey wolfeman, I see no one has answered so I will try and help. I have the same size tank, and have a 24 inch reptisun 10.0 T5 that overlaps with a PAR38 halogen flood light (wattage escapes me at the moment). Now I haven't looked into megaray, so correct me if I'm wrong but I know they make MVB's which put out UVB as well as heat which makes me think it might be too much UVB with the Arcadia 12%. Can I ask what your temp's are and why you need the halogen bulb?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
That's potentially a lot of UV - how osnit set up and do you have a meter?
If your temps stay in the right place a halogen is fine to add, I'd be a bit more worried about UV levels.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That is a lot of uvb, you might just use a halogen bulb that is strong enough to heat the tank. You might save your Megaray for whenever the Arcadia bulb loses it's uvb strength, then put the Megaray on for heat AND uvb.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that you have a lot of UV output with Megaray and Arcadia bulbs, seems like overkill for only a 40 gallon breeder.

A 100 watt MVB should supply enough heat for a 40 gallon so I think using a halogen too would make it too hot. Would probably be best to just use the Arcadia and a low wattage halogen in place of the Megaray. Just a thought.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, and that's what I meant [ if there's any confusion from my post ] The halogen bulb along with the Arcadia, then eventually the Megaray replaces the halogen whenever the Arcadia loses it's uvb strength.

wolfeman

Original Poster
Tylerh":yxg2i3rq said:
Hey wolfeman, I see no one has answered so I will try and help. I have the same size tank, and have a 24 inch reptisun 10.0 T5 that overlaps with a PAR38 halogen flood light (wattage escapes me at the moment). Now I haven't looked into megaray, so correct me if I'm wrong but I know they make MVB's which put out UVB as well as heat which makes me think it might be too much UVB with the Arcadia 12%. Can I ask what your temp's are and why you need the halogen bulb?

ambient is around 90-91, humidity at around 24%. Megaray does both UVB and UV. When i was using the halogen the tank was bright... the MVB doesnt put out a lot of light well not as bright. the question on too much UVB the answer is no (got that info from a breeder). as long as I have a hide or two for him to go into which I do.... I was just wondering if using the halogen would hurt. But thank you for all the responses on my question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom