Acting weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie has been acting weird since he went to the vet last monday.
He stopped eating his crickets and waxworms, he used to eat a lot daily and now barely looks at them. He has started to eat more vegetables but still not enough food in general. I still soak him almost every day and he went to the bathroom yesterday and today it was very dry and didnt look normal. I dont know if this has to do with him getting stressed from the doctor or getting moved I had to go home for a week for thanksgiving break and took him home. He is about 4 months old, I use a repti sun 5.0 and a tight beam basking light 100 watts, he is in a 40 gallon breeder tank and I use tile as the substrate so no impaction issues. His temps are 90 on the hotside while his basking spot gets to 105 and the cool side is 70. He drinks every time I soak him and I water his veggies so he is getting lots of hydration which I dont understand why his poop was dry. Any suggestions or thoughts will be helpful.
Thanks
Matt

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Matt,

You could bring up the cooler end to around 78-82, but the basking temperatures are good. What type of thermometer are you using to measure the temperatures with?
Sometimes they can just get dehydrated easliy especially if he is not eating his greens or any vegetation or enough of it. Does he eat greens yet or just veggies? Maybe try giving some oral fluids along with the baths too, just to help hydrate him a little bit more as well.
How often are you supplementing calcium, 5 times per week? What other types of foods do you feed him?
He should hopefully increase his greens intake soon, at his age.
Your setup sounds fine to me. Maybe when it is time to upgrade his UVB you should try using the Reptisun 10 tube bulb which is a lot stronger than the Reptisun 5 tube bulb.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom