Acting up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
Hey guys,
Im getting a little worried about my beardie Chace.
He is just on 4 months old now, and everything was fine, until recently he has just started getting really lazy.
He will sleep in his hide half the day, comming out to bask for a bit, then go back into his hide.

He hasnt been eating to much either, well not like he used to.

Does anyone know why this could be?
Can they get depressed? Have a bad week?
Or could it be his hormones as he is starting to get a bit old, and i guess.. going through puberty?

Thanks for your help guys :)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I understand your worry. It seems everything they do worries us sometimes. Anyway, just to double check some things and maybe rule out some things could you answer a couple of questions for me?

First, what are the temps in your tank, cool side and basking spot, and what do you take them with?
What UVB do you have? Is it a coil/compact? a tube? How old is the UVB?

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He just worries me so much! Lol

the basking area is at 105-110 and cool side around about 80-85 (im thinking about putting in another vent to drop the temp a couple dergress)

i use a Aussie Sun, which is a MVB, similar to the MegaRay that people use on this site.

I actualy had to buy a new one, as the last on blew a couple days back.

I did move his enclosure into our family room, could this be the problem? Possibly somr minor relocation stress?

Ill keep you updated, thanks for the reply..

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
The cool side could be a little lower. The reason I asked what you take your temps with is if you are using a stick on they have been known to be from 10 to 20 degrees =f= off. So if you are using a stick on thermometer, it could be 120 degrees f or more.

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeh, im using the twin prob therm, so im guessing that temps are pretty spot on.

Its not getting much better today, tried feeding him but he isnt interested at all in eating.
Im giving him fresh greens 3 times a day now, to try and get him to eat as much as possible.

He just always seems to have his eyes closed now too, even when i pick him up, he will close his eyes.

I just dont know what to do..

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm not sure about the MVB you are using. That's the only thing I can think of. Some uvb's that aren't good cause problems that you are describing. I would turn off the UVB for a while and see if there is a difference.

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I was thinking the same thing, so today i turned off the Aussie Sun, and just used a flood light.temps where good, but Chace was still just lying in the same bit of log with his eyes closed pretty much all day.

He hasnt eaten anything today, when i put a cricket or meal worm in front of him he just closes his eyes.

Its not like he is lathargic or anything, when i pick him up and will climb all over my hands and arms and then when he is comfortable he will close his eyes once again.

Im thinking about taking him to a vet tomorrow and seeing if they can tell if there is anything wrong.

Just getting more worried as he is eating.. :(

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
If it is the mvb you had on him, it may take a few days for him to recover. Is it warm enough where you are to take him outside for some real sun? That would be your best bet to help him.

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Its been raining and thunderstorming the last few days..
Its summer now (in Australia) and yhe weather forecast is looking to be in the high 30's this week. (Celcius)
Ill see how he is doing today though..

Thanka for your help :)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
My understanding is that your weather is close to ours. Our summer weather ranges from the hi 70's (Farenheit) to the high 90's, sometimes in the low 100's. Do you get a lot of rain there? We do, only in our rainy season which is somewhere between July and September. You should be able to take him outside when it decides not to rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom