Acting stiff and can’t catch his crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebecca.jacobs03

Original Poster
I have a 6-7 month old breadie… his bulb went out sat so I went to the pet store and got new ones for juvenile breaded dragon… I’m not sure what is going on it’s like his neck is stiff he is moving weird like a robot or something and he completely missing his crickets like way off… I’m so scared

Solution
Please get rid of the heating pad -- dragons heat from their backs not the stomachs- and please post a pic of your tank and bulbs your using- from the way it sounds hes developing MBD and we need to get this fixed ASAP--
I only put the heating pad on because I turned off those lights cause I thought that was the problem… I will get more pictures of his tank as soon as I get home

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a 6-7 month old breadie… his bulb went out sat so I went to the pet store and got new ones for juvenile breaded dragon… I’m not sure what is going on it’s like his neck is stiff he is moving weird like a robot or something and he completely missing his crickets like way off… I’m so scared
Please go over basking temps they need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- no stick ons they are inaccurate-- uvb please NO coils-- they are inadequate-

rebecca.jacobs03

Original Poster
Please go over basking temps they need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- no stick ons they are inaccurate-- uvb please NO coils-- they are inadequate-
So do you think it’s the new lights… I mean I have turned them completely off and turned his heating pad on I don’t have coils I just have bulbs 💡

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So do you think it’s the new lights… I mean I have turned them completely off and turned his heating pad on I don’t have coils I just have bulbs 💡
Please get rid of the heating pad -- dragons heat from their backs not the stomachs- and please post a pic of your tank and bulbs your using- from the way it sounds hes developing MBD and we need to get this fixed ASAP--

rebecca.jacobs03

Original Poster
I only put the heating pad on because I turned off those lights cause I thought that was the problem… I will get more pictures of his tank as soon as I get home

Solution

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It looks like he is having some trouble there. Did he have issues before his lights were out? What UVB lights are you
using for him? We really need a type & brand so we can be sure he is receiving the proper UVB lighting. Otherwise, he
will develop metabolic bone disease if he isn't already.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing today, has he eaten anything?
Since he is having trouble getting his food, I highly recommend trying to make a nutritional
slurry for him so he can get some food into him. Just use a plastic syringe or dropper to drip
some onto his nose. If he likes the flavor he should lick some of the food off of his nose.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom