Acting stange in bath

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmain08

I posted this in the behavior section but I'm needing an answer quick because I didn't give him one yesterday and was going to give him one today

So I give my beardie baths on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and he is about 2 years old in the last week or so his head has started going that gray color before it is going to shed. The strange thing is though when I first put him in the bath he will stick his mouth into the water and lick it up like a dog with his tongue. Any ideas why he is doing this? Also could this cause any problems?

Thanks

techdave

Juvie Member
I've seen Tiamat do that. My guess is that it's just a thirst kind of thing. Bathing him three times a week, I wouldn't think that he would be thirsty, but it may have something to do with the shedding. Personally I wouldn't be too concerned as long as the water is clean and he doesn't drink so much he starts to throw it back up.

In the wild, beardies will drink the dew from leaves and such.

RobertsKitty

Hatchling Member
Ikran does that. I always make sure hes in a shallow enough point his nostrils are above the water because he can go on 2 minute 'lapping' sprees. It scared me when he first did it. I thought he might be drowning but now I'm used to it. Its a 3 times a week or so occurrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom