acting sort of weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
my beardie Phoenix has been acting weird the past few weeks(between 2 and 5 weeks, cant eally remember). he is a *little* lethargic. he still moves around and eats but mostly in his cage just sits in his basking spot. his eyes are droopy as in the bottom eye lid droops below the acuall eye. i dont know if that is bad, but he has had that for a while and i will ask the vet at the next check up(a month or so). when he is basking he doesnt hold his head up, he just rests it on his log(his basking spot). his eyes are open but he just lays his head down. he still eats crickets like crazy but doesnt really eat that many veggies. what is up? he isnt shedding or anything like that(i know shedding can cause things like this). what is up with him?

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Hello,
The symptoms that you have shown are definitely not normal.

What kind of lights do you use for him in his viv.

For a beardie as young as he/she is their immune system isn't super strong yet.

Maybe a vet appt. would be a good idea. And although I advise that, I really can't afford it myself.

~Haley

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks for a reply! i have a 75 watt normal house bulb on 1 basking spot, that is around 99 degrees. i have a 100 watt normal house bulb on the other basking spot that gets to about 94 degrees. on the ground(slate rock under his basking spots on top of tile) in the hot side is about 87 degrees. the cool side is around 73 degrees and i know that is a bit to low:( i gota fiz that:/ then i have a repti sun 10.0 tube for uvb in between his to basking lights to it covers that whole side(i need to get a longer fixture to cover whole cage) i need to replace the uvb in november so i still have a few months:)

i didnt mention how old Phoenix is:? he is just over a yeaqr old. so not that young....i dont know what you were talking about lol. i cant take him to the vet now because i am a bit short on cash. but i am taking him sometime in september or early october.

and sorry, he doesnt always lay his head down. most of the time he holds it up( i would say 75% of the time) but the rest he just rests his head on his log. and like i9 said, he eats crickets no problem but wont really eat his salad which is weird because he is getting to the age where he should be eating more salad and less live prey. im not THAT concerned yet because he still eats something and does walk around a bit. but i am worried becasue like youi said, it is not normal. my biggest issue if his droopy eyes. that is the first thing i am asking my vet at the check up.

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Hello,
The temperature could be a big issue.. But since you recognize the temp issue that shouldn't be a problem.

I would just keep a eye on him and see how he is doing..

~Haley

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i dont think the temps are a problem. the only thing off is the cool side by a few degrees and that isnt even a big deal. well, unless someone else posts i guess i will just wait until i take him to the vet. i am just sort of worried because he isnt very responive. like, how they are usually very motion sensetive, as in when you move something they either run over to it or look over. phoenix doesnt even care.... or how when you like put greens in most beardies run right over to eat, phoenix doesnt even look... and when i take him out of the cage, he just sits there.... its just got me worried... :'(

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
good news! today he acted much better for some reason! he just all of a sudden this morning(about 11 when i woke up...lol) was much more attentive and responsive! so like usual i brought him out while i was cutting up his salad and he didnt do much. then when i put him back in with it he ate about a quater of it within 1 minit. then throughout the day with a few tricks i read on he ate almost his whole salad! thank god for google to be able to find some more tips!:D he still isnt normalbut acting MUCH better that the last few weeks. i am so happy and hope he keeps improving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom