Acrylic Viv is Built! (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adufink

I'm hoping in a couple of months to build my own Viv. I would like it to be made out of acrylic and I'm thinking from 4x2x2 - 6x2x2. I would be open to either using a screen top, or installing vents and having the lights inside the tank. I have two dragons and I plan to put a divider in the middle. I am also looking to put live plants in the viv. But, I'm having a hard time findings links to any projects people have done specifically for beardies that are made just from acrylic. I also would like a variety of ideas of how to approach planting in a beardie viv. Any help you can give would be great!

Update 5/9/10: I've had my viv built for a few weeks now. I've just been slow updating the page. I used the great stuff insulation foam, black silicone, exo terra red sand and eco earth to decorate it. The plants are thornless prickly pear, a fragrant elephant tree, cissus vines and geraniums. The geraniums died fairly quickly at the hands of the dragons, so they will have to be removed. The silicone is also tearing in some spots, so I will probably have to patch it all up this Fall, or so I estimate. I am wondering, what would be the best material to use to patch it? I've heard Modge Podge (sp?) mentioned

adufink

Original Poster
All taped up.
0316002051.jpg

Cemented
0331002135.jpg

Foam carving
0407001959a.jpg

0412000751.jpg

0412000751a.jpg

Sand application
0414002221.jpg

Before planting
DSC_3014.jpg

DSC_3015.jpg

DSC_3018.jpg

Finished product
0426000750.jpg

The Kids:
Marx
downsized950505000911.jpg

Rivka
(old picture)
0221091223.jpg

0207091135.jpg

0505001712.jpg

And I have decided I need better photos of the kids.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
I like what you did with the inside...Looks Great! I have never seen one made of acrylic before.

But I think in will be a pain cleaning up poop when it dries on that rough flooring. :|

adufink

Original Poster
I bought the acrylic from lowes and it was just under $200. I got the cement from TAP plastics.

Any loose stones I kept in there were the large stream stones. They are way too large for a beardie to try to munch on.

The poop thing isn't so bad except for when they manage to get some urate in a small crevice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom