Ace, Amber and Gatwick in their own world! Many Pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm sad... 40something minutes taking her a bath while massaging and nothing! I did happen to feel little round things in her stomach, could that be eggs? and if she does have eggs could it be a reason why she is not pooping or eating?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Yes it could be why she's not eating...my egg layers don't eat the last few days before laying....she should still be pooping just maybe more smaller onces rather than a big one. :roll: You might try to give her some babyfood applesauce or pumpkin if that doesn't work you could even add a drop or two of olive oil to it this would help her to empty the fecal matter out.

As for the little round things yes this could very well be eggies. You also posted a pic of her viv where she'd dug the sand out in the corner???? This digging is a sign of needing to lay or should I say being gravid and getting close. You want to offer her a dig/lay box. I prefer out of viv but you can also place it in the viv. Some use playsand moistened so you can pack it down so she can dig without it colapsing or I like to use the coconut fiber instead. At any rate it needs to be about 12" deep. I personally use a rubbermaid tub about 14" deep with damp eco earth(coconut fiber)packed. I offer the dig/lay box a couple time a day once the digging and paniced glass danceing begins. You may end up offering it to her several times before she actually begins to dig. When she does begin to dig then she will lay eggs at that time normally.

Also what calcium are you giving her currently and how often?

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was reading on this website about using soil for bd's to lay their eggs in it, is that ok also? I think the sand sounds A cheaper option though! well, when she was eating although I still keep giving her food I use Fluker's calcium with vitamin D3 on her food! but she is not eating at all anyways so I feel like I am wasting the powder but I will not give up on her eating!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I have heard of some members allowing their beardies to lay outside or at a park in the dirt. Personally I haven't an probably won't every try that. :)
What type of soil are you speaking of?

If a female is producing eggs she needs more calcium because her system is being depleted of it. Put it on anything that you might beable to get her to eat. I started using the liquid calcium with my egg layers this year and it sure did make a difference in how well they spring back.

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have heard of the liquid calcium and she does drink water frequently... can you provide me a link to where I can find it? can I find it at petco or petsmart?

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
another question that I had was about the moistened playsand... do I have to clean it out or do something to it before I use it for her to lay eggs or for use in a viv?

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just purchased 2 of those liquid calcium bottles... I hope they help her! I am really worried! I am now going to church after church I will go and buy the play sand.

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, I have some good news and some bad news...

The good news is I went out and I bought some top soil that I needed for planting some stuff at a nearby nursery and I poured some into a big to see if Amber would dig. She DUG into the soil and I left her in the soil for about 2 hours as I fell asleep next to the bin for a good 2 hours. Lmao! when I open the bin to check on her she was laying eggs!!! AHHHHH!!!!! Woot WOOT!!! that is crazy! I got them into a bin with some vermniculite.

The bad news is the temp in the incubator that I created isn't hot enough! how can I make it hotter? I am using an aquarium heater and it only gets to 80.5 degrees, or is that an ok temp?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Bradleyv1714":3lff9ssx said:
Wow!!! it even comes flavored. lol! By the way is that calcium carbonate from them any good?
Mine like the banana flavor the best. I'm not familiar with the calcium carbonate personally but you could ask Tracie(Drache613) she's who we all ask about meds and supplements around here. Oh and btw :lol: that's actually her site. :lol:
I'd imagine it is good but you'd have to get all the details from her. I have always just used the RepCal brand supplements. If they only made a liquid. :|
another question that I had was about the moistened playsand... do I have to clean it out or do something to it before I use it for her to lay eggs or for use in a viv?
I've never used sand so I'll try to direct someone that has to you. If it's pre washed and sifted I think you just need to moisten it and pack it down as close to 12" or better as you can. :dontknow:
I just purchased 2 of those liquid calcium bottles... I hope they help her! I am really worried! I am now going to church after church I will go and buy the play sand.
Tracie will send out a dosing sheet with the calcium...do you have a scale? You will need to know her weight...
I recently got this one... http://www.digitalscalesaz.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=3001P&x=11&y=12
You should be careful using potting soils and soils meant for the yard they could have things in them that could cause harm to a beardie. Then again it may be completely safe I'd just worry.

I'm sending you a PM.

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So... I have been studying the entire day for a test that I have in school tomorrow and ofcourse I get side-tracked a little because of the beardie's. I decided that I was going to measure and weigh in Ace.

I had measured and gotten Ace's weight on 05/25/10 - He weighed 100 grams and measured 11 1/4 inches long!

As of today Ace's weight is 235 grams and he measures 15 1/16 inches long (I wanted to be Very Exact with the measurement.) lol!

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
These are some pics of Amber and her adventure

The bin
P7250122.jpg

Started digging
P7250123.jpg

A bigger whole
P7250124.jpg

There is the miracle happening!
P7250125.jpg

P7250126.jpg

Amber laid 23 eggs that night
P7260128.jpg

I also measure and weighed Ace... He wouldn't stop moving. lol!
P7260129.jpg

After about 2 weeks of having Ace I weighed and measured Ace at which he weighed 100grams and measured 11 1/4 inches long... Now He weighs 235 and measures 15 1/16 long
P7260131.jpg

P7260130.jpg

P7260134.jpg

Edit: Amber is still not eating... should I be worried or is this typical of a female after she lays eggs?

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi everyone,

I have GREAT NEWS!!! Amber is back to eating like a BEAST!!! she ate about 15-20 supers...

Today I also received the Liquid calcium and it is really good! Great packaging! Fast shipping! I gave some to Amber which she Loved!

Ahhhhhh!!!!!! I am sooooooo Happy!!! :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cinnabunn
Top Bottom