Accidentally nipped his toe! How do I treat it?

glitchinthedark

Beardie name(s)
Mushu
I accidentally clipped the side of Mushu's toe while moving his log a little bit ago, and I have no idea how to start treating it since I dont have Betadine on hand.
I took him out and cleaned the tank really quickly to reduce any possible bacteria, I considered letting him have a soak but I wasn't sure if it would help or make things worse. He seems like he's just being mindful of it at the moment, and it doesnt seem to look like it's swelling? But there looks like a little bit of blood and a scale may have come off.
Is there anything I can do off the bat from home? Do I need to take him straight to a vet?

I'm really new to all of this so I'm trying my best but I may get some things wrong, and I apologize in advance. I worry far too easily for this little dude in attempt to treat him right.

Attachments

• 20220708_082528.jpg
    20220708_082528.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 20220708_084413.jpg
    20220708_084413.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 77

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That is a cool looking bottom. Is it something you constructed or is it store bought?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, that probably hurts some. It does happen all of the time though! You can use some raw,
unpasteurized honey on it, to help with healing. Or, antibiotic ointment will work as well. Just keep
everything clean to help ward off infection but, he should be just fine!

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom