Accidental ingestion. What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staygold

Just to let everybody know I am not planning on feeding her any of these items but I would like to know what I should keep on hand or what I need to do if she happens to eat any of them. I do my best to keep my eye on her and make sure she doesn't eat anything off the floor when she is roaming around, but accidents do happen, and I would prefer to be prepared. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

1. Tobacco from a cigarette. Sometimes I roll cigarettes and some tobacco can end up on the floor.
2 Marijuana dried bud. Same as cigarettes, some falls on the floor when I roll it.
3. Fresh marijuana leaves off the plant. I live in Canada and we are allowed to grow plants in our backyard, so there will be a few in the yard during the summer
4. Buttercup. When it gets warm enough I plan on letting her outside but we have buttercup throughout the lawn in our backyard.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, close supervision and you being alert and sweeping up should keep these possibilities very low. A very small ingestion of any of those should not be harmful. I have buttercups in my yard + my dragons have nibbled on them with no ill effects at all. They prefer dandelion and eat that in pretty big amounts at times.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree. It's like they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

That said, the general method of dealing with accidental ingestions of potentially harmful substances is immediate administration of activated charcoal. AC also can have some side effects, so if the item ingested is unlikely to cause much issue, AC can be avoided.

-Brandon

Staygold

Original Poster
AHBD":10gv5gg0 said:
Hi there, close supervision and you being alert and sweeping up should keep these possibilities very low. A very small ingestion of any of those should not be harmful. I have buttercups in my yard + my dragons have nibbled on them with no ill effects at all. They prefer dandelion and eat that in pretty big amounts at times.
i do keep a close eye on her, but want to be prepared just in case. :)

Staygold

Original Poster
Claudiusx":392qtyc4 said:
I agree. It's like they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

That said, the general method of dealing with accidental ingestions of potentially harmful substances is immediate administration of activated charcoal. AC also can have some side effects, so if the item ingested is unlikely to cause much issue, AC can be avoided.

-Brandon
i always watch her closely, but just in case, I would like to have the knowledge and supplies to help her in case she eats something she isn't supposed to. Thank you, I will order some activated charcoal in case of emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom