littlebirdy

Juvie Member
First, the basic stats:
Name: Clovis

Sex: Unable to determine for sure, believe he is a male

Length: 15 inches

Weight: Between 250-300 gram

Tank: 3 feet 3 inches long, 1 foot 3 inches wide, 1 foot 4 inches tall

Objects in tank: Clovis has a PVP pipe joint wrapped in non-adhesive shelf liner to act as a hide and a basking spot, and a plastic stick, and a rock hide, and usually a hand towel to act as a blanket.

Tank cleaning: I bleach it once a week. Poopy newspaper is removed as soon as I notice it. Sometimes he doesn't poop until after I leave for work, in which case it's in there for a while, unfortunately.

Substrate: Newspaper and paper towels, eventually moving to tile

Temperatures: 100-115 on basking side, high 70s on cool side, 70s at night via temp gun.

Basking light: 75 watt bulb

UVB: 36 inch Reptisun 10 tube, can get 6-8 inches from it if he climbs on his stick, next month it will be six months old and I will replace it
Lights on from 6:20am-8:45pm on a timer, misses about 2 hours of that time for snuggles and floor time

Diet: collards/endive/cactus/turnip greens (usually collards) + spaghetti squash/butternut squash/acorn squash + juvenile beardie pellets and dried crics if I can find them again (he actually does eat them) in the mornings after lights have been on for about an hour, buggies in the late afternoon or evening. Of the salad, he eats most of the squash and hardly any of the greens. He gets 10-12 of the little pellets while eating the squash. Bug-wise, he's currently he's getting as many Reptiworms as he will eat in 10-15 minutes daily.

Vitamins: I dust the Reptiworms fiveish days a week with calcium. He gets pellets a few times a week and I don't want to give him too many vitamins, so I stopped using vitamin dust.

Poop: Usually in the mornings during his first hour with lights on, usually excretes a lot of water with it. He will usually poop a second time during the afternoon. Notice an undigested worm sometimes in poop, and when I gave him minced squash I noticed some squash chunks in his poo as well. Poop mass has been encased in urate lately.

Hydration: Mist veggies daily, soak him until he poops every few days

The issue is he hasn't shown any interest in his evening bugs in four days now. He nibbles his salad, mostly the squash, in the mornings and this morning I put some bugs on the salad and he woofed them down. In the evenings, however, I'm brushing them across his lips and dancing them in front of his eyes and he is not interested at all. I know he's getting close to adulthood now and some days he decides to chill in his hide and pretend to brumate, but his energy has really picked up in the past few days and his appetite for bugs has not followed. Should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom