Abnormal stool: warning: kind of graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
eew.jpg

This is what I found in Smurf's tank about ten minutes ago. He has been lethargic lately too. This is not at all normal. Any ideas?

Temps are fine. 80-90 with 95 basking. UVB needs to be replaced, will be as soon as new tank is finished. I have the Reptisun 10 sitting in the corner, it's just too big for his current tank.

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I can't. My sister was changing the paper when I noticed. She threw it out.
I'm going to have to just go to the vet.

demiblood

It looks like a poop my dragon made when I over calci-powdered him

It might just be calcium OD

the first time I gave my beardie calcium supplement I didn't know how much, so I put it on his veggies, and on top of that, powdered his whole days worth of crix, he had runny stools just like that,

I cut back on the repti-cal to one feeding a day, and none on his veggies, he never pooed like that again

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks, that's good to know. I suspected that might be the problem because the urate was so yellow. Will cut back.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
I would have to agree. It looks like he got something in his system (a tad too much calcium, a new kind of veggie, etc.) that he wasn't used to. Any sort of abnormal feces coupled with lethargy points to a possible parasitic infection.

How often to dust with calcium? Do you use any vitamin powders?

For the time being, I'd run a fecal sample to the vet next time he defecates (even if it looks normal). If it's not parasites, it should be fine. Even if it is parasites, treatment is relatively cheap and will fix the problem in no time if you catch it early. :D

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Calcium twice a day on veggies, once on crickets.
I introduced collard, but he only had it once, because it went bad too fast.
I haven't been using any vitamin powder.

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I guess it depends on how much sticks to the crickets. I haven't changed anything, but I discovered getting the crickets damp (with a misting spray bottle) really helped with dust sticking. Maybe I'll stop doing that, or just use less powder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom