A VERY special day for us--Budo's birthday! (Lotsa pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On January 5th, 2009, I received the greatest package of my life, the package I'd waited for for six months. I was shaking so hard I had to hand the box to my mother for fear I'd drop it. She opened it and I peeked in. There was a small, upset, skinny beardie; it was like a moment from a fairytale. My prince has come! :love10: At that moment I had a sinking feeling. I felt afraid, almost as if my life as a free human being was rapidly ending... and it was. :twisted:

I've been enslaved for three hundred and sixty days, and I hope to stay this way for the rest of my life.

Happy birthday, Budo!!!! :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:

Here's my beloved Budo exactly one year ago. Poor little guy hadn't had much in terms of good care. He came to me with MBD and a bellyful of coccidia and pinworms (I saw the microscope pics from the fecal test and it was terrifying... like a carpet of bugs in his tummy...). At first he was extraordinarily aggressive, always bearding and hissing and spitting, but after a while the parasites really got to him and he didn't have the energy to lift his head, much less put up a fight. It was absolutely awful.
DSC00379.jpg

Here he is today, countless hours of TLC and several thousand dollars of vet bills later... A huge, hilarious, spoiled-rotten sweetheart. :mrgreen: (He's just coming out of brumation, so his is on the skinny side, but that's being fixed promptly. :lol: )
DSC08373.jpg

"Ok, Mom, this photoshoot thing is really over the top. Can I be done?"
DSC08435.jpg

"Is this a WORM I see????"
DSC08388.jpg

"OMNOMNOMNOM!"
DSC08392.jpg

MMMMmmmmmmmmmmm
DSC08325.jpg

It fell. :lol:
DSC08395.jpg

When I first took the waxies out of the fridge they weren't moving.

"It's a worm!"
DSC08416.jpg

"It's... not moving..."
DSC08416.jpg

"Umm."
DSC08418.jpg

DSC08425.jpg

DSC08426.jpg

DSC08431.jpg

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
:blob5: :blob5: Happy 1st Birthday, Budo! :blob5: :blob5:

Maya... the pics of Budo are awesome! He sure has come a long way. You should give yourself a pat on the back sweetie. If it was not for all your love and determination that sweet little beardie might not be celebrating his first birthday.
I love all the "I'm gonna get you sucka" pics of Budo and the worms :lol: :lol:

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Happy Birthday Budo!!! Maya--He looks awesome...it's amazing what a little love will do to give these guys the will to fight and live and thrive. He looks like one very happy, content and well spoiled beardie who knows he is loved!!

fez09

Extreme Poster
:blob5: :blob8: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDO!!!! :blob5: :blob8:
I love his face! Great pics, congrats on your happy healthy boy!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
herpfreak":cfa9e said:

OK, you know your beardie has you brainwashed when you think this is a beardie who is on the skinny side! :lol: Well done Budo, you are truly spoiled. Happy Birthday!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Jasper's Mom":c311a said:
OK, you know your beardie has you brainwashed when you think this is a beardie who is on the skinny side! :lol:
LOL... I was thinking the same thing :lol:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Happy belated birthday Budo! (he shares the same birthday as my oldest son)

I absolutely LOVE Budo's face... it is the sweetest thing ever.

Robin and her bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom