A vegi he will love??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azaell

So iv tried a few vegis right now i went out to my crop garden grabed the leaf of my green peper plant washed it and cut it up but i want to know what is there a beardie will REALLLY love to eat because he needs his vegis i havent seen him eat any yet

dannieeliza

I give my bearded dragon broccoli cole slaw. She loves it!!! You get it in the grocery store next to the prepared salad bags. Just make sure you chop it up

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Our guys love squash. that is the only veggie they will eat. Neither will eat the salad. We have made it many different ways but they still only like the squash. Occasionally they will get
bananas or applesauce. Today they had a cherry in the salad. Gobi loved the cherry.

javeroy

@ dannieeliza :

I thought cabbages (main ingredient in coleslaw) were really bad for beardies because of some type of chemical (can't remember off the top of my head what it is) that was bad for them in the plant itself. Can anyone confirm this?

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Azaell, you also have to keep in mind that your dragon is still a baby, and babies don't eat much of their salad. Mine never ate much of his salads until he was about 10 inches long (around 3 months old). Now he's about 5 months old and he eats almost his entire salad every day.
Also, if you're not watching him every minute of every day, you might not know he's eating some of his salad. He might just eat one little piece or two while you aren't looking, and you don't notice because it's such a small amount of what you originally gave him.

dannieeliza

javeroy":wfhan894 said:
@ dannieeliza :

I thought cabbages (main ingredient in coleslaw) were really bad for beardies because of some type of chemical (can't remember off the top of my head what it is) that was bad for them in the plant itself. Can anyone confirm this?

It only has a tiny bit of cabbage in it...Like maybe 5 or 6 pieces in the entire bag and they are small. Most of it is broccoli and carrots

brandice

dannieeliza":2lc76kmd said:
It only has a tiny bit of cabbage in it...Like maybe 5 or 6 pieces in the entire bag and they are small. Most of it is broccoli and carrots

I wouldn't suggest using this is a staple. None of what comes in that is a good staple item for your dragon. Check out this list if you haven't already http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html

If you read the blurbs at the top it gives you good info on what kind of nutritional requirements your dragon has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom