A Red/Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

joea

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here's an update pic of Kirbs.(2 weeks ago) He's a good bd. :mrgreen: Right now he's going thru a head skin shed he's almost done. Oh and a belated thank you littleman794 :D
553.jpg

Looking great and happy!

Sadly, I just had to sell my Honeydew =/ I've hit an early-stage crisis in my life and have had so sell everything I have, still can't afford rent.

But I can stick to these forums and just look at all the healthy dragons that are being raised here!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Boy he sure is growing & isn't that great that you can get him out in the sun so often, the ultimate UVB light! He sure lightens up in the sun, it's so good for him. I envy you, I live in BC, Canada, just north of Seattle and we get their same weather, lots of rain, damp, overcast in the winter. My dragons would so love to be in San Diego, too!

joea

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
BlueDragon09":3e7ao2ei said:
Wow he's so big!
I know! I miss the little fingerling. He don't miss any meals, LLL rept is 1.6 miles away. They rock! :headbang:

littleman794":3e7ao2ei said:
Looking great and happy!

Sadly, I just had to sell my Honeydew =/ I've hit an early-stage crisis in my life and have had so sell everything I have, still can't afford rent.

But I can stick to these forums and just look at all the healthy dragons that are being raised here!
I'm so sorry to read the bad news :( I worry about that too, a real possibility. Hang in there and stay positive. (Yea I know it's easier said than done)

sweetiepie9":3e7ao2ei said:
Boy he sure is growing & isn't that great that you can get him out in the sun so often, the ultimate UVB light! He sure lightens up in the sun, it's so good for him. I envy you, I live in BC, Canada, just north of Seattle and we get their same weather, lots of rain, damp, overcast in the winter. My dragons would so love to be in San Diego, too!
Thanks :D I can't believe I live down here sometimes. :shock: I don't mind the stay-cations :mrgreen: Yep your bd's would feel right at home here. :wink: Nearby Sandfire Dragon Ranch (where Kirbs hatched) says...
Hello and welcome to Sandfire Dragon Ranch. Located in the small town of Bonsall in Northern San Diego County, Sandfire Dragon Ranch takes advantage of the only climate in the United States that is nearly identical to that of the Australian habitat of the bearded dragon. This unique climate allows Sandfire Dragon Ranch to be one of the only facilities in the world with large outdoor breeding enclosures and free-range dragon populations. http://www.sandfiredragonranch.com/index.php?main_page=about_us
Kirby starting on his walkabout...I see you eying my chiles :V :whip:
HPIM1556.jpg

We just had about 1/3 inch of rain the last 2 days thats why the ground is moist. :mrgreen:
HPIM1558.jpg

Today's High was 67°F at 12:25pm when conditions were Partly Cloudy Low is 51°F
HPIM1560.jpg

HPIM1562.jpg

I would have named him fang if he were mine...
HPIM1563.jpg

HPIM1565.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yummy, so he's eating his way through your garden, that is so great that he gets fresh greens like that. He's one lucky bd!

joea

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:D He had a good time out there munching on collards, dandelions, stinging nettle, and mint. I try to make his world enjoyable.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I only have a balcony, which they're all used to, so I'm going to try to grow some greens & give them a garden area. It should be fun, once I clean off the balcony! Last summer I bought some impatient plants and Rubio and Gabriel had "lunch snacks" every day. I had bought three plants, they ate them to death, literally, so this year they'll get more surrounding the greens. It should be a good project, if we get some sun!

joea

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks all! During Kirby's garden adventure his "owner" was inside playing video games. :roll: I should make him turn in his Reptile and Amphibian Study Merit Badge. :lol:
sweetiepie9 good luck on your project. You can probably use that repti-glo light for the greens if you still have it, I still have ours. :x

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
No I got rid of it years ago, but I never thought to use it for greens. I'll probably need a plant light when I start the seedlings in the early spring, wil have to check that out. I think my dining room table (which I hardly use, being on my own) will be my area when I start the seeds, I have everything I need, just didn't get it done last spring. They will sure like this garden, I'm going to see if I can find something that they can climb into to get at the greens. We have a very short growing season, only 2 months, so they'll have to be well grown to plant outside for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom