A ? re: Sore on hand....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky5969

Hatchling Member
I have a female who has been laying infertile clutches and has a sore on her front foor due to digging all the time. I cleaned the wound and have been treating with neosporin. Well I have her on tile and she keeps reopening the wound. My question is is there anything like liquid band aid or any other option that can be applied to help the wound heal while she lays her eggs. I know she will lay in the next few days and she will be in the dirt and wanted something that could cover the wound so it doesn't get infected. I know I could just wait until she is done and clean the wound like I have been doing but was just looking for a preventitive measure. If anyone has had any experience with wounds like this or any alternatives I would luv to hear.

P.S. I am scheduling a vet apointment anyway just to be safe...

Thanks

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is the wound open & raw? Really the best thing to put on it is an antibiotic ointment such as neosporin or polysporin. It is somewhat difficult to keep something on it to cover it. You could try to wrap it in gauge if she would tolerate that, just to keep it from getting dirt in there & getting infected.
How is she doing today?

Tracie

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I would line her viv with a soft towl 2 of my girls wear down their nails when getting ready to lay. I just lay it over everything.

sparky5969

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply's,
she is good didn't lay just dug alot today. I ended up making a lizard bandaid that held up during her day of digging. I have been using neosporin, put some on the wound the wrapped in syran(sp) wrap and taped it. It seem to work as she digs and walks fine and no dirt got in the wound. Gave her bath and rewrapped it before she went to bed. It was the best I could do as the wound is raw and exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom