A question....just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa127

Oscar, my beardie rescue has been with me for 3.5 weeks now. Up until this point his beard color has always been grey. The last two days the beard color has been more yellow. I never noticed yellow spikes on his beard until the last 2 days. What does this color change mean? Is he just less stressed about being in a new home or is it more of a response to environmental temperature thing?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
He may be adjusting to things and coming into his colors depending on his age. Emily has a red beard so colors in the beard are not unusual. Lots of beardies have color in their beards so I doubt its anything to worry about. You can post a picture of him using photobucket and copying and pasting the IMG url here so we can see it and go from there. But its probably just his colors coming out in him.

lisa127

Original Poster
I'm not worried about it, just curious. He is a 4 year old dragon, so I'm thinking it's not coming into his colors. I was thinking either environment or less stress?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Probably less stress and you see his colors more since hes not black or grey bearding. Those colors may even get brighter as he fully adjusts to his new environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom