a little help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikericco

i have 1 1/2 month old baby who wont eat and sleeps during the day he seems very lazy and not running around like im used to seeing him do can someone give me some ideas what could be wrong if anything is??

can you give us an idea on what his light setup is.. you want to be using either a mercury vapor bulb which gives of uvb, uva, heat, and light. also you can use a fluorescent tube light with a basking light and also a ceramic heat emitter bulb for nights. what kind of foods are you giving him?, are you giving him vitamins and calcium D3?, how late do you turn off his lights?, how often do you handle him?

mikericco

Original Poster
i have 2 heat lamps which keep his basking spot around 95-100 degress and the uvb strip light..i feed him crickets and greens is there anything elese is should be feeding him?

what kind of uvb tube are you using, a repti-sun 10.0 is good. and you can mix up his food by offering worms like silk worms, phoenix worms, and superworms.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
turn your temps up a bit - 105-110 at the basking spot babies need a little extra heat

what substrate do you have?

mikericco

Original Poster
I have tired to give him every worm i could i find he just chews them up a little then spits them out..ill try to get my temps up alittle.. the uva bulb is a repti-sun 10...he still just lays under the uva light with his eyes closed not eating but drinking normally and there is no substrate in there just paper towel i know he is to young for sand or something along that line

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
if he isn't able to bask at 105+ then he won't be able to warm up enough to be properly active or digest his food - raising the temps should do the trick in a couple of days or so

if he doesn't perk up then I would recommend taking a fecal sample to the vet to check for parasites

mikericco

Original Poster
i have a vet app on tuesday..he isnt pooping i was thinking he could be impacted so i have been giving him warm baths and a little olive oil to try to help with that and i have been giving him zilla jump start caloric and appetite supplements

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
what would he be impacted with? It's likely he isn't pooping because he has nothing in him to come out

you could try a little apple sauce/ baby food syringe it into his mouth gently or let him lick it off his nose - he should poo after a couple of feeds of it, especially if you give him a nice warm bath to relax the muscles

mikericco

Original Poster
the last time he ate was two days ago and hasnt pooped since then and there a tan colored mushy cream coming out of his vent when i give him a bath so i just figured that he was impacted maybe a cricket he ate was to big?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom