A few Questions about repti calcium and vitamins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeann830

Hi, I have a 6 month old beardie, (i think he's about 6 months anyway). from nose to tail he's about 11 inches long. I have Zoo Med ReptiCalcium without D3, and Zoo Med ReptiVite. How often do i give him the calcium and how often do i give the vitamins? And how much? do i coat his crickets a lot? or just a little sprinkle?? he eats about 30 crickets twice a day sometimes more, sometimes less. do i coat his crickets twice a day or just once? Ive been reading and hearing so many different things, its starting to get confusing. thanks so much!!!!!!
~ leeann

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
At his age, you want to dust his crickets for 1 feeding per day.

Dust with the calcium powder once per day, 5x a week.
Dust with the vitamin powder once per day, 2x a week.

The buggies should get a light coating of the powder,
not "powdered sugar donut" levels

I find the easiest way is to get one of those cricket shakers,
it gives a nice coating and kind of stuns them a bit so they
are a little slower, but you can also just use a baggie with a pinch
of the powder in it.

anwyn

Just wanted to say thanks for that, as I had the same question and beardie about the same age.

I have a 'tupperware' type container that some bugs of my first came in that I cleaned out and use for dusting. Pinch o' calcium dust, put in bugs, cover, tilt back and forth a bit, voila. Mort now recognises the sound of approaching crickets in a tupperware container. ;)

I've been doing the vitamin dust on the veggies. She eats a bit but not a lot. If she's only eating a small amount should it still just be 2x a week? Or would it be more reliable to just dust bugs 2x a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom