A few issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcourtney3

Hatchling Member
5 year old female dragon, 40 gal breeder tank, reptisun 10.0 2.5 months old, temps 102-105F basking

First, how long does it take an adult beardie to shed? My girl shed a little around her nose and then stopped, but she still scratches her head against her rock though there is no visible shedding area.
Secondly, my girl pooped Tuesday after 1 week of no pooping. She hasn't pooped since. Is this normal? Should I feed her everyday if she isn't pooping very much? She will keep eating but I'm afraid of overfeeding her when she isn't using the bathroom frequently. She has only had greens during this period, no bugs. (Collards/mustard/turnips)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Courtney, dragons are notorious for strange/uneven sheds [ to us ] Adults can take weeks to shed, and sometimes part of it will linger but it's never really any danger....just as long as it's not constricting toes or tail tip. Soaking her in a warm bath every other day should help it along, as will a quick, light full body spray of water daily. Don't spray the tank, just the body.

And the soaks may help her to poo, they will sometimes go a week or longer, again, it's generally not a problem and it's really good that she's eating greens ! If you can offer them when they are still wet from rinsing, even spraying a bit of water on the greens, this can also help with hydration and help her to poo. If she goes longer than 2 weeks, you can give her some canned pumpkin,baby food prunes, a few drops of olive oil and/or applesauce. These all act as beardie laxatives. :) If you'd like to post a pic of her shedding face and her body condition it would be helpful, but I'm sure she'll be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom