A couple of new additions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
So, I have basically become addicted to chameleons after Odie and have now added two amazing additions to the clan :lol:

1. The future and second half of my panther chameleon breeding program, Sally
4540156921_5c6c0e442a_o.jpg

4540801248_741c817ccd_b.jpg

2. Meet Fria, a melleri chameleon (Chamaeleo (Trioceros) melleri). She is one the the 3 largest breeds of chameleon in the world
Shhh...she's sleeping
4540789880_5612e43951_o.jpg

4540156985_62f24e0a64_o.jpg

And of course the start of my chameleon addiction....Odie
4540789786_0dc32c3e1e_o.jpg

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
mickeysmomma":38jd4jp2 said:
Very cool!!!!

Thank you!

TheWolfmanTom":38jd4jp2 said:
Very Nice Nick,
I get the sddiction thing. I keep checking out these guys.

Thanks Tom. I really can't put my finger on what it is about these things. Their behaviors are fascinating and demand respect. Traditionally, we teach pets to be obedient to us and play on our terms. With these guys, the only chance you have to get them to trust you, is to let them know that THEY are the dominant ones and that we play on their terms. As an example, you want there cages to be as high as you can get them so they they can perch well above your head and look down at you. Very very captivating creatures.

snowdrop

Juvie Member
Amazing! I have held one before and he was a real charater. I didn't realise that there were ones that got that large!

Very beautiful!

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
I think i'm in love :love10: Sally is so tiny and sweet looking, Fria is such a big beauty, and Odie's colors really blow me away. How long til Sally is an adult? I never knew they started out so tiny.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
lacy_black":3akpvq60 said:
I think i'm in love :love10: Sally is so tiny and sweet looking, Fria is such a big beauty, and Odie's colors really blow me away. How long til Sally is an adult? I never knew they started out so tiny.

Sally is only about 8 weeks old at the moment. She will be full grown and ready to breed at around 1 year. I will probably hold off until 14 months though.

Amazingly enough, Odie still isn't full size yet either. He has another 6+ months of growing to do still AND his colors will get even more spectacular in that time as well! I am honestly beyond excited to see Odie's full colors. I got such an amazing deal on him!

Livey

Extreme Poster
:shock: Odie is BEAUTIFUL! wow i never new chameleon`s could be that colourful..
there all pretty awesome! :D

julianel

GoFast":3f5nhgpq said:
So, I have basically become addicted to chameleons after Odie and have now added two amazing additions to the clan :lol:

1. The future and second half of my panther chameleon breeding program, Sally
4540156921_5c6c0e442a_o.jpg

4540801248_741c817ccd_b.jpg

2. Meet Fria, a melleri chameleon (Chamaeleo (Trioceros) melleri). She is one the the 3 largest breeds of chameleon in the world
Shhh...she's sleeping
4540789880_5612e43951_o.jpg

4540156985_62f24e0a64_o.jpg

And of course the start of my chameleon addiction....Odie
4540789786_0dc32c3e1e_o.jpg
Hi there,
I live in south africa in the eastern cape. My son saved a beautiful wild cameleon from the cat this morning.He has a small wound ion his side, more a scratch and i would love to nurse him back to health. Can you give me some advice as how to treat him. his body is about the size of a packet of 20 sigarets. I put him in the viv with my beardie {who don't pay much attention to him}. He ventures between the warm and cool side and seems okay. what can i feed him. hope you can help.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I haven't had to deal with much wound care, but I believe something like neosporin can be used. What I would really recommend is posting a picture on www.chameleonforums.com. There are some incredibly knowledgeable chameleon keepers over there.

julianel

GoFast":26su7sd4 said:
I haven't had to deal with much wound care, but I believe something like neosporin can be used. What I would really recommend is posting a picture on http://www.chameleonforums.com. There are some incredibly knowledgeable chameleon keepers over there.
Hi there, How lucky can you be? The camelion started shedding this morning. There is no real wound to his body, the scratch penetrated only the dead skin. What can i offer him as food and wat are the specs to a viv? I left some mealworms in his viv, put some parsley plants in and sprayed them with water. There is a uvb reptiglo 10 in his viv and the temp is about 21Celsius. Please advice. He is on his own now and and the mealworms 5 has disappeared.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Oh that is some great news! :D
Make sure you keep him nice and hydrated. A few good mistings a day is best. Try not to spray him directly, but make sure you get the plants nice and wet so he can drink from there.

What kind of chameleon is it? Can you post a pic? Not all chameleons are veggie eaters so the parsley may not be necessary.

The reptiglo 10 is a bit too strong of a light for a chameleon. If you are only keeping him temporarily, then it will be ok, but if you are planning on keeping him indefinitely, then you want to switch that over to a 5.0.

Also, your temp's are a bit on the low side. You want your basking site to be closer to the 26-29 mark.

Last thing...Just like bearded dragons, you really want to avoid mealworms. They can, and do, cause impactions in chameleons. Stick to super worms, crickets, roaches, stick bugs, and hornworms.

julianel

Thanks Nick, I have a 5 and will switch to that. I only put the parsly in as to have something to mist for him. At the moment i am waiting for a new delivery of crickets so all i have is mealworms. I only gave him the ones that has just shed, while they are still white and soft. He battle to shed so i dripped some luke warm water over him and that seemed to have loosened the skin. I battle to upload fotos and just cant get it right. thanks julie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom