A case of glass surfing

BasilBeardie

Beardie name(s)
Basil
I’ve had Basil for about a year-ish now and she has moved tanks a few times since then. The only time I had glass surfing problems was when I first got her or when I moved the tank. Lately though, after moving to her final tank upgrade (120gall, bioactive), I’ve noticed a sort of schedule where she glass surfs every day at noon. I expected this for the first few days but it’s been about 2 months now and the behavior has not stopped. Im pretty familiar with her behaviors but this one stumped me because all her lights are up to date, the temperature and humidity also seem fine, she eats well, and apart from that she seems physically health and happy any other time of day. I can provide information that’s needed if anyone has some thoughts or thinks there is something i may be doing wrong, thanks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I’ve had Basil for about a year-ish now and she has moved tanks a few times since then. The only time I had glass surfing problems was when I first got her or when I moved the tank. Lately though, after moving to her final tank upgrade (120gall, bioactive), I’ve noticed a sort of schedule where she glass surfs every day at noon. I expected this for the first few days but it’s been about 2 months now and the behavior has not stopped. Im pretty familiar with her behaviors but this one stumped me because all her lights are up to date, the temperature and humidity also seem fine, she eats well, and apart from that she seems physically health and happy any other time of day. I can provide information that’s needed if anyone has some thoughts or thinks there is something i may be doing wrong, thanks.
If all is correct w/ surface basking temps and correct placement of UVB is good she may be gravid--- is she doing any digging at all ? Could be she has spring fever and wants out ---- try letting her out for 2 hrs and see if that changes the behavior- if it doesnt change then we need to look at other possibilities as far as what is going on -- can she see her reflection -- how long ago was she moved into the 120 gallon tank?

BasilBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Basil
If all is correct w/ surface basking temps and correct placement of UVB is good she may be gravid--- is she doing any digging at all ? Could be she has spring fever and wants out ---- try letting her out for 2 hrs and see if that changes the behavior- if it doesnt change then we need to look at other possibilities as far as what is going on -- can she see her reflection -- how long ago was she moved into the 120 gallon tank?
Thanks for the reply, she could be gravid because she is getting around that age I think but I haven’t noticed an excessive amount of digging. I’ll definitely try to let her out more and see if that helps. I don’t believe she can see her reflection, at least not well, it’s a zen habitat so the front part is not super reflective. As for when she was moved into the tank I believe it was about 2 months ago maybe even a little longer. I’ll update on this in a week while I try to let her out more often, thanks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thanks for the reply, she could be gravid because she is getting around that age I think but I haven’t noticed an excessive amount of digging. I’ll definitely try to let her out more and see if that helps. I don’t believe she can see her reflection, at least not well, it’s a zen habitat so the front part is not super reflective. As for when she was moved into the tank I believe it was about 2 months ago maybe even a little longer. I’ll update on this in a week while I try to let her out more often, thanks.
Sounds like shes got the zoomies --- try the out part see where that goes

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Sounds like shes got the zoomies --- try the out part see where that goes
It almost sounds behavioral; Or, what Karrie Ree was saying. Eggs.

Get her on Zoom-nosis Immediately. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hypnosis on Steroids.
Especially with a behavioral issue like that.

Of course, I don't understand the relationship between myself and my Dragon completely.
He's only about 6 months old.
He does what he is supposed to do.
That's all that matters. o_Oo_O

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom