A bunch of questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! I am just going to ask a bunch of questions. In your reply could you please put the number next to the answer so I know which question you are taking about :) They are about. A six month old female central bearded dragon
1. How often should I bathe my lizard?
2. Do you think it is risky moving a male in with my six month old female? I don't have him yet because I am looking for one about her size.
3. The temperatures have been low in her tank because of winter, will this effect her?? They are around 26-28 degrees. It wont go higher.
4. Do you have to trim their nails like dogs?
5. Is there anything I can use that wont harm her to make the tank and it's area smell better? xD inside her tank she has a peice of driftwood, basking
6.How do I get my girl to eat her fruit and veg by herself?

light, basking rock, newspaper flooring, water dish nf a UV light. It is an old glass aquarium.
I think that is all for now...I'll ask the others when I remember them :)
Thank you!! <3

jsnsan

Juvie Member
I dont have answers to all of your questions. But, I thought I'd give you something.

1-I "personally" bathe my girl once a day. She just gets a really quick bath. She takes a little drink, sits for a minute, and then poops....like clockwork.
It's nice, as I don't ever have to clean poop out of the viv, unless I've come home late and didn't get her in her bath soon enough.
I see that some people bathe their beardies a couple times a week for about 15 minutes....to clean and hydrate. Personal preference I think.

2-I personally wouldn't move them in together. What is the size difference? Are you trying to breed?

3-What are the temps in her tank?

4-Yes, you can cut their nails....carefully. They do get quite long, if they don't have something in their tank that will wear them down. They do have quick just like a dog, and will bleed if you cut them too short.

5-Tell us about your set up. (size, substrate, lighting, heating, feeding, etc)

Well, that's all i got for you. I'm a newb too.
I'm sure someone will tons more knowlege will jump in here.

Cocopops248

Original Poster
Thank you for replying! I am not trying to breed her just yet. I was thinking about it when she is older. I will put up the temps and stuff :)

jsnsan

Juvie Member
Do you know what your temps are?
Babies will mostly eat their feeders at this point. You still need to offer veggies, but dont be surprised if they just pick at them.

techdave

Juvie Member
1)Bathing at least twice a week is recomended.

2)Housing more than one beardie per viv is highly discouraged. Beardies are solitary animals that only come together to breed, then go on their ways. In captivity, the only time they should even be abloe to see each other is for the express purpose of breeding.

They are some people that have gotten lucky with housing multiple beardies and nothing has happened. But there are also some that have been together for years, then out of the blue, one beardie kills the other.

Best bet, keep them apart.

3) The coldest it can be in the tank at any time of year is 65 degrees Fahrenheit, but that's during night time, daytime temps should be higher. I'm assuming you were talking about Celsius?

6) Until she gets older, about a year-year and a half, she will mainly need to eat live feeders. She may pick at the veggies, but just keep them in there is appropriate sizes. Keeping your feeders gutloaded will also help to get her the nutrients.

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
5- I have Yoshi on reptile carpet with a piece of driftwood and a rock. It tends to get smelly. The best thing to do (If you've got r. carpet as the substrate) is to cut the carpet into pieces, then put them in the washing machine with some soap and a little bleach on the "Sanitary" cycle, and if the option is available, go for an extra rinse to make sure all the smell is out, or give it an extra rinse if there's still soap in the carpet. If once doesn't do it, the give it another go. Sometimes I soak the carpet in a 10% bleach solution beforehand. The driftwood and rock I rinsed, scrubbed, and baked @ 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. :D Hope this helps!

Max18

Hatchling Member
2. VERY there is a great example of this in either behavior or enclosures. Unless you are only doing it for breeding then idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom